• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eraser in ADOBE FRESCO

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be good to be able to manage the eraser, or better as in ADOBE DRAW, to be able to modify it. Like the rest of the brushes, make it become thinner (and not just big or small) in few words like the conical brush.

we hope fresh Adobe will update this solution.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

I've moved this post to the Fresco board. 

In Fresco, if you use the Eraser tool, you can control size and flow. However, you can turn any brush you're currently using into an eraser temporarily by pressing your finger on the touch control button (circle in the lower left of the screen). This is the shortcut for "Erase with brush."

You can also double-tap the touch control to toggle between erase and brush mode, if you prefer not to hold your finger on the control as you erase. 

5AEF70DD-D0EA-4873-AC1D-20855B9A6543.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this post to the Fresco board. 

In Fresco, if you use the Eraser tool, you can control size and flow. However, you can turn any brush you're currently using into an eraser temporarily by pressing your finger on the touch control button (circle in the lower left of the screen). This is the shortcut for "Erase with brush."

You can also double-tap the touch control to toggle between erase and brush mode, if you prefer not to hold your finger on the control as you erase. 

5AEF70DD-D0EA-4873-AC1D-20855B9A6543.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect ... I understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually prefer the puck turing the brush into an eraser option.  It also makes things great to draw in a reductive manner 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you get the circle while erasing like in adobe sketch, so you can see exactly what you are erasing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that erase with brush ever 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you haven't?  That's what happens when you use activate the little circle thing.  Its the equivalent in Photoshop,  if you set your brush to "clear" instead of normal or multiply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid to say I can't get this to work for me - much like the lady in another post.  Whether I press & hold the control button or double press the brush continues to paint rather than erase.  I've checked to see whether touch shortcut and erase are selected in settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in doubt - keep trying.  After many attempts to make this work for me I shut down the app and then re-launched it and in so doing the app defaulted to a pixel brush rather than the flow brush that I had been using.  Lo and behold the touch control worked with the pixel brush as advertised, i.e. erase with brush.

I still can't get either erase or erase with brush to work when using a flow brush but maybe my expectations are wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, hands up, my expectations were wrong and Fresco is doing what it says on the tin.  For pixel & vector brushes touch control can be set to erase with brush but for flow brushes touch control enables a 'clear' brush.  If in doubt RTFM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge problem for me too, it always go to the pixel brush when I never use pixel brushes. I miss how easy the eraser was in draw. 

I also have adjusted the pressure multiple times and I have to push so hard I feel like I'm going to break my pencil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I find it annoying that if I paused for a second, my brush turns into erasure. Is there any way not to have this automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ragvy. 

Your brush should not be turning into an eraser when drawing is pause. A couple of questions:

* Are you by any chance using an Apple Pencil 2? If you are, could you be activating the double-tap function?

* Or is it possible you're activating the Touch Shortcut?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I am using finger tips so it might be the shortcut issue. Do you know how to disable Touch shortcut please. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ragvy. 

To toggle off the Touch Shortcut, open a drawing, then tap the gear icon in the top nav. Then from the Layer settings menu tap the Touch Shortcut toggle. 

Let me know if that keeps the brush from becoming an eraser. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you modify the behavior of the "Eraser" as opposed to erase with brush.   If you select "Eraser" for your top button or touch control, it defaults to a hard edge circle that erases 100%.  Is there a way to modify that, I would like a softer edge with erasing 50% or so with each pass.  So more like a paper eraser works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, figured it out: the "Eraser" defaults to the tool "Hard Round Variable" in the eraser palette.  So you can modify that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i really miss the eraser function in ADOBE DRAW where you could use the eraser like the fill function, erase full color filled areas or whole lines.

Can I just not figure out how to use this function or did it not carry over from draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines