• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Fresco brushes

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is ample information on importing PS brushes into Fresco, BUT can I export a Fresco brush to use in PS.

If I have started work in Fresco and need to continue in PS and want to use the same brush I used in Fresco, how do I get the Fresco brush into PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi Zeinat06.

Sheena is correct, the default brushes in Fresco can only be used in Fresco. But, my colleague just messaged Kyle and he said this:

The closest brush to Fresco's Pastel Square would probably be the Pastella in the Megapack Drawing Box.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Fresco forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you know the brushes in fresco are managed through your Adobe Creative Cloud app, the best way would be the export a brush from there to your Photoshop app.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Sheena; I'm so sorry to be dense here.  When I'm in Fresco, I can see no export function and in my creative cloud app I have searched and searched and I can see nowhere that I can access my Fresco brushes. I've looked through my iPad version of Creative cloud as well as my desktop app. Clearly I'm missing something. Would you mind terribly explaining what you mean please? I haven't imported any brushes into Fresco, the brush I want to use is native to Fresco. Its called Pastel Square and is part of the dry media collection. Or maybe one of Kyle's PS brushes is similar? if so how can I find out which of the multitude on offer it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for providing more info on where is the workflow getting stuck for you. Would you mind signing out of the apps and signing back in to see if all the brushes load in the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena,

Nothing changed, so I'm thinking I must just be looking in the wrong place in the Creative Cloud app perhaps; or maybe we are on completely different pages and not talking about the same thing. So let me try to clarify what I need and where I should be looking, because it sounds from your answers, like there is a simple solution to my issue, but I just cannot see what your are referring to at all.

So, what I was asking is, if the bruses that come native to Fresco can be exported for use in Photoshop. Your response implies that the Fresco Brushes are somehow in the Creative Cloud app. The only brushes I can find in the Creative Cloud app are  a couple freebies that I once downloaded from Adobe Stock.  As far as I can tell, the Fresco brushes exist only in Fresco. I see that you can import brushes into Fresco but I cannot see any way to export brushes out of Fresco, and I can see no evidence of brushes in my Creative Cloud app. 

Would you please direct me to which part of  the desktop Creative Cloud app I should be looking to find the brushes you say are managed via Creative Cloud please?

zelnat06_0-1588417639303.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the default brushes in Fresco cannot be used in other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeinat06.

Sheena is correct, the default brushes in Fresco can only be used in Fresco. But, my colleague just messaged Kyle and he said this:

The closest brush to Fresco's Pastel Square would probably be the Pastella in the Megapack Drawing Box.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue,

That's very helpful.

I will go hunting through the megapack.

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sheena, could you detail the process to get this done. 
It would be really helpful if instead of just pointing that it can be done you guide us throw how can that be done, so when other people visit the forum can find the answer here.

Im checking the options in Fresco and Adobe CC app and I can see how to get it done.

I couldn't find any video tutorial either or website where this process is described. If you could point me there instead that would be really usefull too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Will it be possible to import Fresco brushes into photoshop in the future?
Would it be possible to ask for an equivalent to Fresco's sketching pencil on Photoshop?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tuann.

I don't believe there are any plans to enable the use of Fresco brushes in Photoshop but this is definitely a request to make of the Photoshop team.

You can do that here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comminuty is closed? read only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, savez-vous qu'il est possible de charger des milliers de pinceaux gratuitement dans PS pour ordi depuis le site de Adobe ? Sinon, ouvrez PS sur votre ordi, affichier la liste des pinceaux, un clic droit sur un pincea et clic sur l'option plus de pinceaux, vous serez ainsi dirigé vers les site Adobe les pinceaux de Keyl.T. Webster, il n'y aurau plus qu'à faire votre marché... et c'est gratuit pour les abonnés Cloud. Pour les utiliser dans Fresco, si clien premium, vous pourrez les importer dans Fresco, sinon, il suffit de les copier dans votre bibliothèque Creative Cloud à partir de PS.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Developers,

let me say that the impossibility not Export native default Fresco Brushes into Photoshop it a Really PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. The sketching pencil in Fresco is the best pencil. There are none like in in Photoshop. I'm going to have to scan  analog pencil line to get anywhere close to the Fresco pencil quality. Also, the line loses quality between programs, which is why I can't just use fresco pencil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines