• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting lowers the resolution on imported images.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import a high res image to my fresco project and it looks perfect in the fresco app. When I then export to any format or location using any setting, the image resolution is lowered to the point of blocky pixelation and is ruined for printing and sharing. Please help me fix this. Thank you. I love the app but this issue has rendered my work useless thus far.

Lindsey

TOPICS
Import , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Thank you for the reply.

I just figured out the problem, so I would love to share if anyone else experiences this user error I had. It was a simple matter of the default settings when I created the blank document. After I selected Custom Size, and changed my width and length to make a business card, it automatically chose 72 ppi. I needed to change that to 300ppi to start so that when I exported, it wasn't lowering my clear image to doc res that was the Fresco document. 

I recreated the doc from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It looks like maybe the export settings are set to low. Would you mind sharing a screentshot of the export settings? 

Also, please let us know the process which you're following to export the artwork.

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I just figured out the problem, so I would love to share if anyone else experiences this user error I had. It was a simple matter of the default settings when I created the blank document. After I selected Custom Size, and changed my width and length to make a business card, it automatically chose 72 ppi. I needed to change that to 300ppi to start so that when I exported, it wasn't lowering my clear image to doc res that was the Fresco document. 

I recreated the doc from scratch and chose the 300ppi and everything was fine. 

Thanks for your time. I hope this helps someone but probably such a silly mistake no one else would make it. 

LW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that the export is working fine for you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried increasing the ppi (no dpi option available) to 300 on a previous file but it did not export clearly. Do I need to set the ppi at 300 before I work in an image. I am importing drawings to work on. Is there any way to increase the dpi on existing files. I tried doing this in Photosho, to no avail. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I'd suggest try setting the resolution before you start working on the file. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines