• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lag with live brushes in fresco.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought a new 8th generation iPad.  Adobe frescos live brushes are extremely lagging, impossible to work with.  Does anyone else have this problem?

TOPICS
Live brushes , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completely unusable. Just an appealing piece of software. It's the vector brush that crashes a brand new iPad with nothing else installed on it for me. I'm about 40 hours into a piece of artwork and I want to cry and/or smash the iPad into pieces. It's just an awful lag anytime I do anything. Why did they release such a bad product? Will there be an update or fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam. 

A couple of things about vector strokes in Fresco:

Fresco documents with vector content can become complex which can lead to performance issues when opening, saving, and/or editing. The  engineers are working on a solution to eliminate the complexities but in the meantime they've added an experimental option to simplify overly complex vector documents.

Similar to the Simplify command in Illustrator it's designed for use on vector documents that are exhibiting performance problems. It shouldn't have any visible effect on vector artwork (and will have no effect on pixel or image layers); to use it, open the document to simplify, tap the gear icon in the upper nav, then App Settings > Experimental > Simplify.

Please see if that solves the problem with this document.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiyah. How do I turn this off? It's helped (a little) with lag but now I'm finished I want the layer back to normal but can't find where to do this??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines