• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling tool gradually getting slower and slower - becoming impossible to keep working.

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am working on a simple black and white drawing in fresco using vector, and the time needed to fill in objects is getting longer nad longer - litteraly 5 to ten minutes each time i want to fill something in.

All to say that progressing with this file is becoming quite time consuming and difficult.

has anybody had this issue before and does anyone know how to fix or work arounds ?

any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

TOPICS
Performance , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I apologize for the trouble and delay in responding to you. 

Are you still seeing this lag? Please confirm the version of the Fresco app on your device.

Also, is this lag appearing on a specific artwork or with all the files that you work on?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue and mine is up to date. It is incredibly annoying because the picture is super simple and taking an eon, while my others have been much larger and I have never had this issue with any of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with the updated version of Fresco it's annoying and making impossible to edit colors on 20+ drawings I have to do for work. What's the solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im  having the same problem, what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, especially if I work in only one layer. Spreading the work over multiple layers helps for a while. The load time really grows seemingly exponentially. Cancelling the action also takes an anoying long time. 

Thanks, Joel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with iPad Pro 12.9 2018 iOS 13.4.1. Almost unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the iPad, fill tool isn't working at all anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to create a file in Procreate with a 300 or more dpi? This seems pretty useless without being able to print it in a fairly large format. I have tried reciting the canvas increasing the dimensions but the dpi is still very low. Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The fill tool worked for a few times, then it take now 3-5 minutes which is unworkable. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Has the uninstalling and reinstalling of the app helped in any way?

Just confirm as a part of the troubleshooting step.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it didn't, having smaller layers helps tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh alright! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, very very annoying indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abi. 

Sorry fill isn't working correctly.

The  team is looking into this and we're trying to get more information from people who are experiencing the problem.

Please contact me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Home screen then from the App Settings menu tap Help > Support > Report A Bug) so I can see all of your device/app information, get some more information from you, and have you share with me the problematic drawing/s.

Thanks for your time with this. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Color fill takes forever to fill. Also, is there an option to simply select all in a layer and change the color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin.

We have an engineer working on this. And in order for him to determine whether what he believes to be causing IS actually causing it, it would be extremely helpful if you could/would share your drawing with me. 

If you're okay with doing that, here's how:

* Go to the Cloud Documents screen and tap on the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing that's causing the problem.

* From the pop-up menu choose Share Link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

* Please don't post that here but send it to me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug) and just mention that you posted on this forum. 

About changing the color of all content on an entire layer: Unfortunately that's not possible currently. You'd have to change colors of groups of connected strokes one at a time.

Thanks for your help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems. It takes whole minutes for me to use the paint bucket fill tool one time. Even when I press "cancel" because it's taking so long, it takes another minute or more for the program to unfreeze and become usable again. I've had problems with every file I've worked on this week. I'm happy to share a sample of my work as well, if it's helpful. Love the program in general, so looking forward to getting this bug worked out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ISO.

As I mentioned to above, it would be extremely helpful if you could/would share your drawing with me. 

If you're okay with doing that, here's how:

* Go to the Cloud Documents screen and tap on the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing that's causing the problem.

* From the pop-up menu choose Share Link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

* Please don't post that here but send it to me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug) and just mention that you posted on this forum. 

Thanks for your help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent in an email with link to file as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Artus. 

I've responded there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this issue been resolved? If so please let me know what to do. I'm having the same problem now. One extra thing i notice is that it takes really long in area's where i used an eraser and want to fill tame. An 'new' area of similar size fills much quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines