Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco 1.7 update is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! 

Charcoal brushes and Snapline, two of the requested features, have now made their way into this update. In addition to these, we’ve added support for importing images from Creative Cloud Libraries on the windows version of the app. 

Charcoal brushes (1).png    Snapline.png

CHARCOAL BRUSHES 

We’ve added a new collection of Pixel brushes; seven new drawing tools that mimic the beauty of charcoals. For more info, see What’s new. 

SNAPLINE 

Draw straight lines using any brush; just pause at the end of a stroke and watch it snap to a more smoothed version. (Toggle this feature on-and-off in App Settings > Input > Snapline). For more info, see What’s new. 

NOW ON WINDOWS, IMPORT IMAGES FROM LIBRARIES 

It's always been possible to import images, but now we've added support for Creative Cloud Libraries. From an open canvas tap the image icon in the toolbar and, from the menu, select "Creative Cloud." For more info, see What’s new. 

Do not forget to check out the tutorials for Multicolor swatches and Mixer brushes that got released last month.  

We would love to hear your observations about this update. Share your feedback by replying to this post. 

Regards, 

Sheena 

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Canvas settings , Color , Cross-product , Device , How-to , Import , Layers , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely in love with the charcoal brushes.   Keep up the amazing work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when will it work on my cintiq pro?

Fresco is a good app, much better than photoshop for painting, it would be great if adobe would just listen and add support for professional devices. My pc is 100x more capable than an ipad or surface pro, waiting on this to be compatible is a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand your request for the app available for other devices as well and trust me, we're working on building the app for other devices. 

As for now, the list of compatible devices are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fresco/system-requirements.html

For more requests, I'd suggest to upvote on our UserVoice here: https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this update, performance has been extremely poor on Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

Changing the color in the color wheel causes a 2-6 second delay. While painting, the brush will function smoothly until suddenly freezing performance for 1-3 seconds, then suddenly filling in. Not usable for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tschaepps,

Can you share more details, is it existing document on which you are experiencing slowdown or new document?

Is it with all brushes or specific brush type. Kindly report a bug from withing the application so that we can look into this issue further. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update on my microsoft surface go and it has stopped working, when I open the application it gives an error, uninstall and install the application again and it keeps giving error, I have reinstalled the previous version and it also gives me an error, why is this happening this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please let us know what error do you get and also please provide the OS details. 

Did the error come up after the recent update of 1.7?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GussMusic. 

My apologies about the crashing.  The team has determined the underlying cause and is working on a fix to incorporate into the next build. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue Garibaldi,

It seems correct to me that in the next update this error is corrected, but the problem is that I am paying 10 $ to access all the content. What type of compensation do you offer me? If I pay and the program does not work I want compensation or money back.

Thanks greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be very honest and straightforward about adobe Fresco. I never had so much trouble with software and it is really weird.  I follow Fresco from early development.  I have a Surface Go, on the move, and the software started working at version 1.5 and 1.6 before that it's was only crashing. I tried all the hint, tips, suggestions, and I did a reset twice on my computer and none of Fresco software prior to 1.5 had worked. Today, I update to the version you announce, the problem is back again. The App opens, loading a few minutes, and automatically close 2 minutes later. I was flirty with the idea of taking the Creative suite because I really liked the design software but Fresco isn't working all the time... it'S a deal-breaker for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the experience that you're facing. 

Would you mind letting us know the version of OS and the space available on your device?

Also, if you can send us a small video recording to show when exactly does the app crash it would be helpful.

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make Fresco available for Lenovo Yoga C940. It is more than capable to run Freso, its a 2 in 1 laptop with garaged pen. It has an Intel Core i7-9750H with 16 Gb RAM, and besides the onboard Intel video card it has an NVIDIA GeForce 1650. I've been waiting a long time. It doesnt even make sense that it isn't available yet, it would probably run fine as it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same exact way about my laptop I constantly contacted Adobe and questions on compatibility updates and I don't get a valid answer at all there's no reason why both of our machines aren't able to download Adobe fresco but are able to run every other program that Adobe creative cloud has to offer,  i've literally been waiting months to a year just to even try this program out on my two in one laptop I still haven't got the chance to Photoshop is good but fresco has a nice clear interphase in certain features I would like to try out and a lot of people in the industry are starting to use it I would like to be on board with them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I totally understand your eagerness for the Fresco app but currently, the app is available for the devices mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fresco/system-requirements.html 

But I'd suggest posting your request on the UserVoice so that the product team can look into this. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Fresco on a Surface Pro for a few weeks but as of yesterday, my documents are not saving. Two projects I worked on yesterday said they saved and when I went back to work on them the artboards were blank & all layers gone. Not sure if it's related to an update, was working just fine before yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange behavior. 

Do you see your documents saved here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Snapline is exciting however I don't seem to be able to activate it. Is it necessary to update the ap and how do I do that.?

Regards

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. 

You need to be on the latest version to have this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, the latest version 1.8.1 is installed on Win 10 Surface Pro 5th Gen, but Fresco says I should come back if experimental features are available. What can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mareikeo.

Snapline is no longer an experimental setting. Check for it in App Settings > Touch > Snapline.

Let me know if you don't see it or are unable to enable it there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app just updated to version 1.8.1, and now I'm having issues with my files properly exporting as PNG's with a transparent background. Is there something I can do to troubleshoot this issue? This is my first time encountering this problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mritts. 

Please message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link so I can see all of your device information and try to reproduce this. (Tap the gear icon in the upper nav of the Home screen then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug.)

You  don't have to repeat all of this,  just let me know you posted here. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the these brush updates. As a surface designer, most of my work has to be vector. It would be great to have a brushy/charcoal vector pen option soon, or at least the ability to load my custom vector brushes to use directly in Fresco. Love that Fresco allows more natural-feeling vector drawing, just would be super to have more vector pen options in the future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines