• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco 300dpi for print

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating digital artwork using the pen tool in illustrator on my PC. After I do that, I export it as a PNG with a dpi of 300. I then import that into Adobe fresco on my iPad to continue adding details by hand. I use the vector brushes. I set my “art board” to an 8x10inch then import the PNG image to draw over. When the image comes in (because I select 300dpi as opposed to the auto populated 72dpi) it comes in super small on the art board so I have to zoom it in to do any work or fill the board.

Why can I not have a 300dpi image on a larger art board?

if it fills the art board, it is a lower dpi.

It then seems when I export the final product, the whole thing looks pixelated, the original image from Ai and the layers added in fresco with vector brushes.

This is very concerning to me because these will need to be printed! I have spent hours researching why this is happening and it seems to come down to the dpi. But even if its minimum 300 it is still blurry. Which means it most certainly cannot be printed large scale without it looking terrible.

I’m wondering if there is a disconnect between the 2 programs, or maybe fresco or the iPad doesn’t support such high quality?

I would be thankful for any help at all because I am banging my head against the wall. I must add that I am fairly new to Adobe.

TOPICS
Import , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe there is a bit of a disconnect between Fresco and Illustrator. It seems that at the moment Fresco is being paired with Photoshop. (Ability to import psd files for example)

When you export your file from Fresco are you exporting as a png or pdf? PDF seems to be providing a better result for vector from Fresco than png does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines