• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco and photography plan

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say Fresco looks great and would love to try it out but I'm very disappointed that it's not included in the Photography Plan.

I use Photoshop every day at work it's my job I also use Photoshop and Lightroom at home that’s why I have the Photoshop Plan. As well as photography I also like to draw and do Digital painting and with the Photography plan I have the best of both worlds, Lightroom for my Raw files and Photoshop for tweaking images plus Photoshop for digital Painting.

So when Adobe revealed early this year about Gemini/Fresco I was very excited to have an App that was dedicated to drawing and painting from a company that I was used too (Fresco tools etc. isn't too far from Photoshop). I guessed it would not be a one off payment like Procreate but was hoping it would be free for Adobe cloud users.

You can imagine my disappointment (and others Adobe Photography Plan users I'm sure) when I read it was free to all but the Photography Plan subscribers, I'm sorry Adobe I can't understand that if I had Photoshop on its own I could get fresco for free yet because I have Lightroom in my plan it stops my from having Fresco for free!

A very disappointed Photoshop user.

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

I take it all back I had it in my mind that Photoshop on its own was £9.98 or there abouts but is just under £20.00, DaveJCummings is right the Photography plan is a steel at the current price so I guess I can understand now why Fresco isn't a free app to the Photography plan cloud customers. So it looks like I may purchase/rent Fresco, just playing around with it at the last few days and I have to say very impressed and I'm sure it will improve over the coming years.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it,  its frustrating about that.  But keep in mind, the Photography plan is a bit of a steal, considering its half the price of the single app subscriptions, though you don't get as much cloud storage with the photography plan. However, Fresco has a 6 month trial,  and even the free version has a bunch of tools you can use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe should consider a special upgrade option for Photography-plan users. I believe that many of the Photography-plan users use this plan because it is just acceptable from the price for them for a monthly subscription and for which a doubling of the cost is not affordable. Maybe it would be time for a "Digital Artist-plan", with Photoshop and Fresco (instead of Lightroom) for a similar price as the Photography-plan? That would be an idea that would also make entering the Adobe CC world much more attractive for many iPad users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious where you read that Fresco is not included in the Photography Plan. I had not heard this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its mentioned in this article third para up from the bottom

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/24/adobe-launches-fresco-app-for-ipad/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa, Fresco is included with the Photoshop single app and CC all apps plan. Not photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect (and this is only my uninformed opinion, as I am not privy to Adobe's internal strategy) that the photographers of the world, in large part, are not the target demographic for Fresco. As a painting/drawing app, Fresco is more targeted towards artists (pen/pencil/paintbrush) than photographers (camera). So I can see why the Photography plan might not include Fresco.

Again, this is my opinion only, but i can see how this might have been reasoned out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this sound reasonable?...I pay for photography plan and Illustrator single app plan and I still can’t get a break on Fresco!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the price your paying for both plans you can get the Creative Cloud all apps and you get all of this plus Photoshop and Fresco as part of the package and MORE.  Your spending your money wrong and can get more value.  I too had a Photograpy plan and thought it was a steal.  Had it for years!!  Fresco made me look at that plan again and realized that in order for Fresco to be 'free' I needed to upgrade.  I made the upgrade and have been happier ever since with my work process and on my wallet.

Go to your 'manage plan' button option on your accounts page where you should be able to upgrade your account.  You will have the option to get a single app or Creative Cloud all apps option.  Choose Creative Cloud option.  You might even be offered a deal.  If you are offered a price that seems to good to be true, take it!! It's worth the money.  You're currently spending $30 and not receiving all the value that you can get.  Look at your plan again and look at YOUR upgrade options.  If you see a deal, take it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it all back I had it in my mind that Photoshop on its own was £9.98 or there abouts but is just under £20.00, DaveJCummings is right the Photography plan is a steel at the current price so I guess I can understand now why Fresco isn't a free app to the Photography plan cloud customers. So it looks like I may purchase/rent Fresco, just playing around with it at the last few days and I have to say very impressed and I'm sure it will improve over the coming years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.It's a shame that people with a photography plan can't use Fresco's premium features (although it's Adobe's marketing strategy,)If you are a photography plan, there are two ways to use Fresco's premium features:1) Consider moving to a single Photoshop subscription2) Fresco contracts with App billing alone (whether AppleID = AdobeID is desirable)The story changes, but since Fresco was released in this way, I'm worried about the form of iPad version Photoshop that will be released in the future (like the Fresco photography plan is not available)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It does not seem smart that the Premium version of Adobe Fresco for iPad is not included or at least included for a special price for Photography Plan clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.
Anxiety has become a reality ...
The Photoshop for iPad seems to be offered for a limited time in the $ 10 Photography Plan. I'm not sure after that.
The $ 20 Photography Plan can be used without any problems.

Find the plan that’s right for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, for dedicated Photoshop users, the monthly price is--well, good, but hardly a steal. I have used PS since the mid-90s, both professionally and for fun, but now that I am a senior citizen on a fixed income, I can't justify the cost. That's why I downloaded Affinity products to replace PS and Illustrator. it is a one-off price well below anything Adobe offers. it seems when corporations get big as Adobe and capture a large chunk of market share, they don't think the competition can touch them. All of this is changing. Adobe needs to compete again. It's not going to do that with the unfinished Fresco app. I like the Live Brushes, but that's about it at this stage. Certainly not worth a hundred and ten bucks a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines