• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco app was crashing on launch and now lost entire document

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi a few minutes ago the fresco app was crashing every time I opened it. It seemed to resolve itself after a restart and now a drawing I spent all day yesterday working on is gone.

is there anyway to recover it? I don't see it in the cloud

i have 70gb of free space on this 7th gen ipad

TOPICS
Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maghikal. 

I'm really sorry about this.

You don't see any version of it in the Cloud Docs section in Fresco?

Had you ever saved the drawing? Closed out of it (back to the Home page) and let it sync?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I had ever gone to the home page. I just locked the iPad whenever I took a break. Unlocking my iPad earlier showed a flash of my drawing and then it crashed to the home screen. 

I didn't realize it was necessary to go to the apps homepage to save the doc. There isn't any sort of auto save?

thankfully I took a picture at the end of the day yesterday so I could import and sketch over it but it's a bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maghikal.

I'm so so sorry about your deleted work.

Although saving/closing drawings is super important when working for long periods and going in-and-out of the app, Fresco does have crash recovery and the fact that it didn't work in this case is worrrisome. 

I've brought this to the attention of Fresco's product manager.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing happened to me but i did in fact save before the crashes. hours upon hours of work is gone. thanks adobe, what am i paying for. All i can do is cry because this is my livelihood and it feels like the people behind this app don't even care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

250121-1598__fb.jpg

Depuis les dernières versions de FRESCO sur iPad, il est possible de sauver son travail très rapidement sans devoir quitter l'édition :
Clic sur le titre au centre haut de l'écran, éventuellement modifier le titre et enregistrer.

Pour contrôler que le dessin est bien enregistré, vous pouvez lancer PS sur votre ordinateur, le dessin doit se trouver, après quelques secondes, le temps que la transaction WIFI soit terminée, sous Document en ligne de la page d'accueil !

Since the last versions of FRESCO on iPad, it is possible to save its job very fast without having to leave edition:
Click on title in the high centre of the screen, possibly change title and record.

To make sure that the drawing is recorded well, you can throw PS on your computer, the drawing must be, after some seconds, the time when transaction WIFI is ended, under online Document of the homepage!

250121-1600__fb.jpg

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines