• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Didn't Save

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in shock. Hours of work just vanished. I can still see the finished illustration in my mind, absolutely speechless. Save bar showed up and everything. Went to open the cloud file in Photoshop, it was hours behind, as if none of my work in the most recent session had happened. Just the sketch layer from hours ago. All the finished work gone. I've never experienced anything remotely like this level of nonsense. At least when I used to get in the groove and forget to manually save progress, I could be pissed at  myself for doing something wrong. But this is just some next level futile rage. I have to redo hours of work... very good work that I was happy with, that my publisher would have been happy with... for no reason at all. Just because. Just because there is no "save" option in Fresco. I have to close a document to save it. I can't trust your app if every time I close a file I am potentially destroying work. Devastated.

TOPICS
Performance , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui, nous pouvons sauver nos oeuvres en cours de dessin....Et celà sans fermer le document !

Save in FrescoSave in Fresco

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! The export save is something I use all the time to save copies for delivery, but Fresco is natively cloud based and export is not the same thing as a true document save. Exporting a file creates a local file that must be imported to work on again, which creates another duplicate cloud file. When I first got Fresco I used that workflow (export every time, import every time) out of fear of losing work. It's really cumbersome and obviously not how Fresco and Photoshop are designed to interact, creating duplicate files on the cloud and just bad for management. Eventually I shifted to working between Fresco and Photoshop via cloud documents, saving local versions, through Photoshop, only when the file is complete. That's what I was doing last night when between closing Fresco and opening Photoshop the work was lost.

Adobe wants us to trust the cloud for these functions, otherwise they wouldn't bury local storage in the export menu of Fresco.

My solution last night was to watch the time lapse to see if the previous work had been recorded. It was! The entire finished drawing was recorded before ending on the glitch that somehow wiped hours of work. I took a screen shot of the old finished work and used that as a new sketch layer so that I could at least have reference of the lost work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I offer above, it is a recording in Cloud, what allows to follow the state of maintenance in application Creative Cloud and/or in PS.... It is better a lot that to make it via exportation, try for a small file, personally, I did not have this problem, but I did not have opportunity to accomplish very big files!

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I misunderstood your comment and apologize! You did point me in the right direction of a manual cloud save in Fresco. I am so used to associating that icon with export in Fresco that I just blanked when I saw your screengrab and assumed you were telling me to export (the only way to save locally). Thank you for taking the time to post and I learned something new. Much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any other issues, feel free to reach out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Fresco is awesome and I hope it keeps getting traction. This incident was a pretty freak glitch, very frustrating in the moment but I've never had anything like that happen in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Et encore une chose que j'ai oubliée :
Au début, après le premier enregistrement du document, quittez le dessin et modifier dans les attributs du dessin en cliquant sur "Rendre disponnible hors ligne" se qui même si vous avez un problème de Wifi de continuer d'enregistrer temporairement sur l'iPad, dès que la connexion Internet sera rétablie, la synchronisation Cloud se terminera !
270121-1604__fb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines