• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Fill

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing in Fresco, something I have been doing for a long time, and suddenly bucket fill will not work.  I have Googled this issue over and over and can find lots of similar complaints, but no solution.  At the beginning of this current drawing this feature was working.  In a bid to complete the current work I exported it into Illustration in desperation as I have a deadline, and the quality of the image has gone.  Is there a fix to this that does not require me to be on the phone for hours on end???  

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things, working in reverse:

For export to Illustrator, you'll want to make sure your document size is adequate for your intent. If you have a small original document, all the pixel brush effects are rasterized at the document size. See my answer in this thread for details about making the document size bigger if needed.

If you're taking into Illustrator, maybe you have vector brushes instead of pixel or live brushes. In that case, using the Share feature and "Send to Illustrator" should get you an editable vector image. It doesn't sound like that's what you've done; can you elaborate on your work flow for exporting? See this Adobe help page for more information about working between Fresco and Illustrator.

Now coming back to the issue that caused all this - the Paint Bucket. Can you show us your document and the layers panel especially, as you are trying to use the paint bucket? Are you trying to use the paint bucket on a vector layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes - I only use vector layers in Fresco. There are portions of this
layer that I have already filled with bucket fill, now it brings up a
dialogue box saying "Filling" with an animated rotating circle,and an
option to cancel, which I am doing because it is not filling after several
minutes. I know that I can make the document larger to have it export into
Illustrator for filling, but that is not an acceptable work flow option
after having great success in Fresco with bucket fill up until now.

I only have one layer open which contains my black line image on a
transparent layer.

Regards Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

Sounds like you might have encountered some kind of issue with the program itself. I'd suggest reporting it through the in-app feedback. But I would also try removing and reinstalling Fresco (after making sure your files are 100% synced to the cloud). I've played around with vector brushes and the paint bucket at some length (on my iPad Pro) and I can't duplicate the issue. Even with complicates, overlapping brush strokes, for me the paint bucket fill is nearly instantaneous.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully a reinstall could help resolve the issue.

@Sue Garibaldi (Adobe) please feel free to add any suggestions I may have missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much for your email. The weird thing is that I have discovered
having tried it again the only colour it will not fill is black. I have
continued working on my current file, and have been able to fill all other
colours required, just had to manually colour in the black bits. I know
black is a highly concentrated colour but that is strange. Was delighted
to have been contacted by both you and someone else, and really appreciate
it very much.

I am addicted to my Adobe products, and will pass this issue on.

Thanks again - Helen Syron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Helen0D4B.

I'd be  interested in seeing your document. 

I spoke with a person not too long ago who, like you, was having trouble with vector fill. it turned out that he was filling ALL of the windows in a drawing of a group of highrise buildings. There were literally hundreds of them. That is a heavy task for a complex action such as vector fill.

One thing I don't know if you've tried, is separating out your fill content onto different layers. I know you can't move fill to another layer once you've already done the outline work on a layer but it might help in the future to divide your heavy filling to multiple layers.

That said, a couple of our engineers are working on resolving the complexity of vector fill in an effort to eliminate some of these types of problems with stalling (while drawing and filling). Those solutions will make it to updates in the near future I think. 

I hope some of that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly,  the amount of vector points can drastically affect things.  In my day job as a graphic designer,  I'll get AI images that a client wants added to their print ad, but it bogs everything down on my work computer,  due to the image having thousands of vector points,  and me having to make a copy and rasterize that,  since it was intended to be a small,  BG element 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines