Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco for Windows 10 ARM / Surface pro X

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to get access to the version of fresco used on the demonstration of the Surface Pro X ?

I can't wait until this version release....

Thank You

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Cross-product , Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient,  it'll be coming soon.  The Fresco crew is pretty much like clockwork when it comes to updates.  But you won't hear anything for a few days. The Adobe offices are closed for the holidays 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the status of Fresco for Surface Pro X?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As Dave mentioned in earlier response, please be patient. We have launched the Fresco for following windows devices only:

• Surface Pro 4
  • Surface Pro 5
  • Surface Pro 6
  • Surface Book 1
  • Surface Book 2
  • Surface Studio 1
  • Surface Studio 2
  • Surface Go
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13"
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16"

There is no way to bypass the incompatibility on other devices. Just to let you know that we’ll add more as we work with Windows hardware partners. 

You can also check out the blog post: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-fresco-is-at-max-again-on-windows/

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Just wondered if we still needed to be patient?

Its interesting that Adobe goes on stage in Oct 19 at a Microsoft Launch event for the Surface Pro X, demonstrates Fresco Running on the Surface Pro X, then dosnt deliver. And all we hear now is that any other windows 10 device apart from the one Demo'd is going to be supported. 

It must be very embarrissing as an Adobe Employee or a Community Fan boy.

Please can you give any indication about support for ARM64, not just for Surface ProX but for the other super cool Windows 10 on Arm devices that have also been released?

Thanks and Just Asking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, completely agree, it's a bit odd to announce Fresco support for SPX, demo the software itself, and then disappear 😞

If there's been a delay that's of course understandable but it seems we're back to "upvote the feedback and pray"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am disappointed about this incredible and unexplained delay when a big reason for buying the ProX was to use it with Fresco  -  Please give an update on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.. overall very satisfied with my proX for productivity uses but I'm still waiting for the "coming soon" adobe fresco and other adobe apps for creative purposes (which is also one of they key reason I bought it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh,

Half a year later, and asking people to be patient seems to have been a disingenuous and patronizing response to a legitmate question. The product was demo'd and promoted to be available upon (or close-to) product launch, so its not unreasonable for customers to expect a timely release. Timely it has not been! And those of us who have been patient, as we were told to be, deserve better. 

Please explain why--after your requested patience--customers are still left without a product that was promised months ago; why there has been such little communication to manage customer expectations; and how much longer we can expect to wait before a compatable version for the SPX.

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient. I think they need 36 month until it will be accessible for their latest device. Could be even 54 months to make Fresco work for the latest windows surface. I mean its Windows, what do you expect:

https://www.windowscentral.com/adobes-fresco-creative-app-coming-surface-devices#:~:text=Fresco%20is...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/2/20894756/microsoft-surface-adobe-creative-cloud-cc-pro-x-arm-wind...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/dzc4pc/is_there_an_update_on_when_fresco_will_be/

Its ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reopen this question since we are still waiting for the app !

Please answer us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it genuinely bothers me surface is killing me like i love them but i even got a apollo twin for 900 and it wasnt compatible on my surface docs thunder bolt and i paid like 80 on two adapters and it didint work with the type c i needa know what to do about digital art i would appreciate a response from anyone who knows anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

For digital art Leonardo drawings app is now fully compatible with surface pro x. I've been using it for the last month and it is super smooth, no lags and pretty good features too. When I tested out other drawing apps they we so painfully laggy and really notice the emulated. There are some limitarion you may want to take note:

1. brush customisability is quite limited compared to like photoshop 2. doesnt have the water colour features demonstrated by fresco

3.  noliquify like photoshop etc.

Apart from those stuff I think its a really good digital art app. Another non-laggy app is sketchable. Honestly I like Leonardo more because of the infinite canvas and the ease of use.

Link:

https://www.getleonardo.com/

p.s. I by no means a professional digital artist but I really enjoy digital art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i just bought the surface pro x just for fresco cause i saw the demonstration of it running on the device i also have a surface laptop 3 wich didint run fresco so i assumed the surface pro x would run it because of the demonstration i wanna get information on dates and or someone i can talk to cause its been several months and it doesnt seem like theyres been any word im willing to put in the time to make this work via code but id have to know alot of the prerequisites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I have just purchased a Pro X, partially because I watched some of the great videos here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/fresco.html

I watched these because Microsoft specifically mentions Fresco on there Pro X product page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/surface-pro-x/

As has been commented above, Fresco was shown by Adobe at last years ProX release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK91FGkcjw4

This release was by Scott Belsky Chief Product Officer, Creative cloud, who says that it will be available "as soon as possible".

Could Adobe please respond to this post and indicate whether

1. Fresco will be released on the Surface Pro X platform or not

2. If Fresco has not been shelved on this platform, what the planned release date is.

I have purchased the Pro X in good faith that Fresco would be available, as demonstrated by Adobe nearly a year ago, and to be released "as soon as possible", and now featured on Microsoft's Pro X product page.

I would like this post to be brought to the attention of someone senior at Adobe who can authoritatively respond to my queries above.

Thank you. Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure were ever likely to get a reply, not unless they suddenly spring a release. I think the Adobe folks feel a bit sheepish about it. I have to say, its an odd world when Photoshop for ARM might actually get released ahead of Fresco, a product demonstarted 14 months back. Shame on Scott Belsky (Chief Product Officer, Creative Cloud) for standing up on stage Oct19  and bigging up something which clearly didnt exist. Takes some nerve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco on ARM devices, the Fresco team is making progress on our support of Surface Pro X and other ARM-based Windows 10 PCs.  Quality & stability are critical to all of our efforts & remain our last steps in this journey. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Fresco System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It is now the summer of 2021. Is there any news of these last steps in the journey of making Fresco available for the Surface Pro X? Would love to hear this! I just bought the devices and seeing that there are not many apps that I can run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have made a grave error in your purchase for that exact reason. Biggest spending regret I have ever made. Return or exchange while you still can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could have more info for you.  I have no clue.  You might see some info emerge out of MAX in a couple of months.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines