• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco vector elements are converting to raster when importing into Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent quite some time creating a piece of work in Adobe Fresco and was very careful to use 100% vector elements as I knew I was going to import it into Illustrator and I wanted to be able to scale to any size. I used the clipping mask feature (clip to layer below) in Adobe Fresco for a number of my elements and when I imported the file to Illustrator and opened it up all of the vector elements had been coverted to raster images with clipping masks. I tried all the tricks to rectify this, amending the file to be smaller, opening in PDF format, importing straight to Illustrator desktop etc but nothing fixed this. In the end the only thing which I could do to get this to import as a vector file was to undo every single clip to layer mask I had created and then it imported correctly which resulted in ALOT of work to redo all the clipping masks the otherside in Illustrator. I spent a whole day working on resolving this and fixing the clipping masks and therefore lost this time on my project. Has anyone come across this same issue or found a better resolution for it other then undoing all of the clipping masks? And Adobe please please please fix this as this issue pretty much renders Fresco useless for me as what I mostly use it for is the vector feature. Thanks for your help in advance! 

TOPICS
Import , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration.  Its tricky because Fresco uses both Vector and Raster elements. Masks seem to work a bit different in raster apps like Photoshop than it does in Illustrator.  You might have to build what you can in Fresco without the masks, then create your clipping masks in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Dave, yeah that's what I'm having to do now which isn't at all ideal. Am hoping this is something which will be fixed in Fresco soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines