• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fresco

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY IS FRESCO NOT available for laptops and wacom tables !!!???

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Hi Amber. 

We're working on Fresco for Windows. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.  Maybe because Fresco is a very new paint & drawing app.  And so far only available for iPad. Moving from Get Started to Adobe Fresco   

EDIT:  Looks like Fresco is so new, it doesn't have a dedicated forum yet.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it was designed to by used on iOS and I think Android operatiing systems. The Mobile type OS's. Not sure what a wacom tablet runs as it's OS or if it can be used as a Pad at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, is there any update on when this might be, will it be soon? this year? early next year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC27. 

Because they tend to shift and change I can't give you a release date except to say that we're working as hard and fast as we can on it. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a place where we can see when wacom tablets might be able to use this on our desktop or laptop. I would LOVE to play with this program but I am not going to buy more hardware just to try it out. I have a wacom intious medium pen tablet and don't understand why these are not functionable with this program? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe to use it on a COMPUTER (Desktop or notebook that runs a REAL Operating system. Not a Mobile OS) that Computer has to have a Touch Screen and a Graphics processor designed to work with a touch screen.

In the system requirement it can be used on the Microsoft Surface models (Pro and Book), both have a trouch screen, and the studio models.

All of them are using the standard Windows 10 OS, as far as I know

Note that it does not work on Mac Notebooks or the iMac series. IMO it is because those models do NOT have a touch screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me, the Wacom mobile studio that Fresco states it works on for the windows side of things uses a full Windows 10 OS not a mobile OS. Which means it can function on a standard Windows 10 OS desktop with certain hardware requirements met. I am simply wanting to know if there is place that might show updates when certain hardware, ie touchscreens, tablets and such drivers are released with this product so that the majority of us that use Adobe CC and all its other programs can use this particular software. I understand they have to develop drivers that function with each individual hardware touch/pen device and that is the website I am looking for so I can use my particular hardware which funtions much like a touchscreen and when they release the drivers for it to work with Fresco. I appreciate your answer but I am not looking for speculation answers of what the program can and can't work with, I read the requirements and simply looking for further information about future updates for hardware. 

**FYI, I used the reply button to comments I am repling too, which is how most forums work, if that is not the case here I am sorry, then I would ask that the developers of the forum respectfully remove the reply to specfic peoples comments and have a "quote" system in its place so as to not confuse how the reply button system is suppose to work.**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I said. It needs a Touch Screen system to work. If your Windows 10 computer has a touch screen you can use Fresco.

Did you even READ my post? I don't think so. In the first paragraph I stated that.

2019-11-10 06_58_07-Just Shoot Me, the Wacom mobile studio that Fresco... - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shoot me YES I read your post and the first two words say "I believe" in fact I read your post twice and the I believe tells me everything after is pretty much speculation about touchscreen that you state you believe will work. Now I have read several other peoples posts and comments about how their touch screens DON'T work and if you recall I was simply looking for a website or post or something that tells me which hardware they are working on to make compatible with Fresco or have completed working on to work with the software. Now if you can guaruntee me that if I go buy a nice touchscreen and that Fresco will work with it then please make that guaruntee and I will buy a touchscreen or tablet that will work with my system ( I9 9900, 64g RAM, 1070 graphics card, 1tb ssd - main drive, 500gb scratch disk, 4tb backup) just incase you want to make sure the rest of my system can handle it. Like I said I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply, and I was in no means trying to be snarky or rude. I was just trying to get a website for future hardware that will work with software. Thanks and have a good day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CWM. 

If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for a list of Windows device on which Fresco will run? If so, curent devices are listed here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/faq.html

We're working on more, but right now supported devices are limited to the nine mentioned in that FAQ. 

Please let me know if I've misunderstood. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, 

I am curious if there is a list of products/hardware devices that being focused for development with Windows desktop such as touchscreens or tablets. This way I can start looking at products that adobe is focusing on to work with Fresco, I am super excited to use this program. Thank you for your time. 

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update as to when Fresco could potentially be released for other computers/programs? Like March or April 2020? I'm seeing all the results and I'm super excited for this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber. 

Sue.

By @Sue Garibaldi

Oct 18, 2019. Three years later.

I can see no rime or reason why I shouldn't be able to run this on my desktop with a wacom tablet, whilst I can do so on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rhyme and reason are called system requirements.  Did you read them?

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I did. My system meets the requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Fresco works best with a stylus such as Surface pen and Wacom's pressure-sensitive pen. For the most realistic drawing, experience Fresco’s full drawing and painting capabilities with Wacom’s pressure-sensitive pen displays and tablets such as Wacom MobileStudio Pro and Wacom Intuos."

Have you checked with Wacom about compatibility with your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not available on a mac computer, what?!?!??! I have a tablet, so can draw with a stylus. It's also touch screen. But I can't use this software. Doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines