• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get the pixel/live/vector brushes to only go in particular areas?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example in this picture below I only want the purple to go around the trees instead of going all over the shape (like the left tree), and instead bit like the tree on the right.

can anyone let me know how you do this? I hope this makes sense! thank you in advance!

tree.jpg

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way you could achieve your results would be to select the area you want to avoid. Then use the More option within the selection tools to Invert selection. You will then be able to paint everywhere except within the area which is not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sjaani  ok thank you 

I saw on a youtube video someone locked their transparency, however, when I tried this it didn't work - does this only work on the iPad app or I am doing something wrong, for instance, do I need more than one layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines