• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impasto effect.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a fan for the fake impasto in the oil brushes (bump map look)  Can we remove it or control it?  Painter has a lot more control of this (lighting direction and depth) My favorite control is turning it off.  Otherwise the brushes are awesome.

TOPICS
How-to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Hi Stavwolf. 

There isn't currently any way to turn it off (I'll submit it as a feature request) but have you tried messing around with the Paint Mix and Pressure Dynamics in the Tool Options panel? They won't eliminate that texture entirely but it might be helpful for the time being. 

Also, some of the oil brushes are less "heavy" than others. 

At any rate, I'll share these comments with the brushes team. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stavwolf42,

Thanks for the feedback about the brushes.

For the query specific to the oil color brush, I'll check with the experts here and let you know what's possible.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I want to turn it off. Also would be great to make my own live oil brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stavwolf. 

There isn't currently any way to turn it off (I'll submit it as a feature request) but have you tried messing around with the Paint Mix and Pressure Dynamics in the Tool Options panel? They won't eliminate that texture entirely but it might be helpful for the time being. 

Also, some of the oil brushes are less "heavy" than others. 

At any rate, I'll share these comments with the brushes team. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same issue. Apart from that the oil brushes are interesting. Do you know where we can find oil brushes that are less heavy? It would really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines