• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported brushes load out of order + no brush editing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's so many things I like about Fresco that make Procreate seem very clunky by comparison.  However, there's some really basic features missing that make it almost unusable for professional illustrators. 

1. Imported .abr brush sets are arranged alphabetically and can't be reordered.
Any custom brush set imported from Photoshop loads the brushes alphabetically, not in the order they are arranged in Photoshop. (see attached comparison). There's no way to change this. You can't even delete a brush set once it's imported. 

If you have your custom brushes arranged in a specific order so that they are easy to find, all of that goes out the window once you try to use them in Fresco making it almost imposible to find the brush you want amongst a long list of brushes. 

I havn't managed to load any of Kyles brushes using the Get More Brushes feature unfortunately - they are greyed out after loading. I'd delete them and try again but again, you can't delete or rearrange brushes.

2. No way to create, edit, duplicate or rearrange brushes.
This is really basic stuff that professional illustrators need to work efficiently (I have no doubt it's technically challenging to make work). Unfortunately if Adobe were hoping this would be a viable alternative to Procreate, the lack of a usable brush engine makes Fresco feel like a toy. 

I really really wanted Adobe to succeed with Fresco but it feels half finished and rushed to market.

Eager to hear any plans for a fix or workarounds for this. 

TOPICS
Import , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Hi Kindred, 

I don't know what the functionality of it will look like, but brushes management is something that will eventually make it to Fresco.

Until it does, brushes, and actually most Libraries content, can be managed from the Creative Cloud Mobile App where they can be renamed, duplicated, moved, and deleted.

I hope that helps in the meantime.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, please allow us to delete imported brushes and re-arrange them. I have two sets of the "Mega Brush" pack, one with only 200 brushes because while it was importanting, the screen shut-off and the app canceled the process. The 2nd set has the full 300+ brushes, but scrolling through the brushes seems to crash the app. I would like to delete ones I don't use so it doesn't contribute to crashing the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JesseBarrios, try marking them as favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echoing these sentiments. I accidentally loaded the Kyle megapack 2 and a half times and my ipad is pretty unhappy with having only 2gb of storage left, thus some of my other apps which I need to use for work won't run, so I've had to delete fresco as I can't exactly hang out for a fix.
Pretty big bummer. I'll come back to it in a few months and see where things are at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kmccafferty88, please try bringing this huge brush pack into the app through Photoshop. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KM. Install the Creative Cloud Mobile App on your iPad. You'll be able to manage the brushes from the Libraries tab in that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue. When are you going to fix the issue of brushes failing to load? All my Kyle brushes downloaded from Adobe.com are just greyed out in Fresco. Sometimes, after waiting severla hours, they eventually load, but then next time I go to use them, they are lost again! I have the newest and biggest iPad Pro. I find this simply unaccaptible. Procreate never had this issue, nor does Photoshop on my much less powerful laptop. Why does Fresco have these basic issues with handling brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to manage all the brushes in creative cloud, I only see some of the brushes there, none of the Kyle brushes are showing in creative cloud...

Although maybe its the fact that they aren't loaded technically in fresco, hence the grey boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

You're right! Because the brushes aren't loading that's the reason you're seeing the grey boxes.

Try connecting to the network again and allow the syncing to get completed.

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definately agree!! Was excited to see this app but had the same expereince with the brushes. I loaded megapacks and most of them were greyed out. Had no idea I woul not be able to delete or reorder. Very frustrating. I will have to stay with PRocreate. Is this the long awaited "Photoshop for the IPAD:" If not, why would they release this app? is it a prelude to Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lmcgann61, please try bringing this huge brush pack into the app through Photoshop. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sheena, thank you for your reply. I have these in Photoshop, not sure what you mean about bringing them in through photoshop. I only had one option to import them on the iPad. I did FAVORIte the ones I had time to get to but I have a HUGE amount of brushes that are greyed out (I use them in Photoshop so I am not sure why they are greyed out). thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the brushes being grayed out happens when they take time to load. Try connecting to a high speed network and then check. It should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, it doesn't work. Are the developers working on a fix for the greyed out brushes issue? Do you have an ETA for when this is to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I know that the engineers are definetely looking into the brush management but there is no ETA on it yet.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such offputting glitches. I carefully favorited many favorite brushes and now those time consuming favorites are all gone the most recent time I opened the app. Gladly back to Procreate (and version 5 just around the corner)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kindred_studio,

The Brushes can be marked as favourite in Fresco which will actually categorize them in their own “favorites” group. Also, if you bring the brushes into libraries through photoshop you can organize them into libraries however you want.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sheena_Kaul But how do we delete brushes from within the Fresco app? It's incredibly frustrating. I'm away from my desktop for days at a time so working via Photoshop to make changes in a mobile app is far from convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIchael. It's not possible to delete them from within Fresco (that's future planned functionality though) but you can install the Creative Cloud Mobile App onto your iPad and manage your brushes from the Libraries tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I just realized, doesn't Adobe offer Fresco as a standalone subscription without Photoshop or other Creative Cloud apps? Meaning not everyone who uses Fresco has Photoshop and this solution wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: the brushes are grayed out - I see an Adobe employee has suggested installing them through photoshop; I found that, when using iPad solely, downloading the link to iCloud and installing from that location was successful. (It’s a quirk also found in Affinity.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply downloaded the brushes from Adobe's website, following the link from Fresco iteself, and it doesn't work - they are all greyed out. What the heck is going on? How are you supposed to get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround. 

I guess that would be ok if you only have a small number of brushes to drag from the Ps Brush Panel to the Libraries Panel but since you can only drag and drop them one at a time (do let me know if there's an easier way), this is a really ineffecient and unintuitive way to get your brushes into Fresco if you regularly use 50 or more brushes.

I tried without success for about half an hour to transfer 7 brushes via my Cloud Libraries.  After restarting Fresco the brush group finally appeared in the library section but unfortunately all the brushes in the set are greyed out.

I also noticed that many of the default brush sets including the Rakes and Painting brushes are also greyed out. Im guessing this is a memory issue which would probably be solvable if only I could delete a few brush sets.

I have a brand new top spec iPad pro 12" so it's not a problem with old hardwear or overloaded storage.

I know a tonne of work went into Fresco (and congrats to the team in many respects) but this brush management issue seems like a real screw up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kindred, 

I don't know what the functionality of it will look like, but brushes management is something that will eventually make it to Fresco.

Until it does, brushes, and actually most Libraries content, can be managed from the Creative Cloud Mobile App where they can be renamed, duplicated, moved, and deleted.

I hope that helps in the meantime.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Sue, it doesn't really help, because nevermind what we do, the brushes are greyed out and cannot be viewed or selected. Until you fix this rather basic issue, the app is more or less useless, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines