• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to erase part of an imported photo in Fresco?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My students are doing a photo collage, importing photos into new layers. But - we are struggling getting the eraser to work on a photo. Students want to erase the white rectangular space around, say, a pineapple, but the eraser won't work. Any help much appreciated. 

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Hi Heather,

Yes. When a Pixel Layer and an Image Layer are merged it essentially turns the Image Layer into a Pixel Layer and parts of the image can be erased.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

Yes. When a Pixel Layer and an Image Layer are merged it essentially turns the Image Layer into a Pixel Layer and parts of the image can be erased.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sue. I need to better get used to this software. To clarify, a pixel layer is one where you'd use the brushes/paint tools, vs. the image layer which is their imported image from the web? 

How do they merge them together? 

Thank you so much. 

~Heather 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather.

Exactly. 

To merge them, just create one of each. Then tap the ellipsis icon (...) next to the layer thumbnails. From the menu that launches choose the Merge option. I usually merge a drawing layer into an image layer, but I think it works both ways (sorry I don't have my iPad handy). 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option if you don't want to merge layers would be to Convert to pixel layer.
Tap/Hold the layer to get the extra options up and near the bottom you have the Convert to pixel layer option.
Also available under the 3 dots when you have an image layer selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!! We will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines