• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an auto-select option?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to select an area within my vector strokes, and fill it with color but on another layer.

Or in other words: Is there something like the magic wand tool in photoshop but for Fresco?

In the selction menu, all I see is lasso, draw selection, sqaure and circle. Even Procreate has a tool that can detect strokes and automatically select the area within - does Fresco have something similar?

And I'm not tlking about the paint bucket or directly filling an area, I need to select it so that I can work with selection on a new layer.

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always find the Procreate/Fresco comparison interesting. Procreate has about 8 years of development prior to Fresco beginning. So it's unlikely unless Adobe copied Procreate that it would have all the features straight away.

Currently the Selection tools in Fresco are the ones you mentioned. I think the second option of paint selection would be the best one based on your description of what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I didn't know Fresco was so new, it's certainly new to me and I thought maybe I overlooked the tool somehow. It has a lot of great potential though, maybe something will be added in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines