• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeps crashing and draining memory

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to the app and wanted to work with some of my PS files to work on the go. App keeps on crashing and uses a lot of memory in the background. I hope the future update will rectify the memory management and file loading process. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Hello Kunal,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you share more details on what operations you are encountering the crash? Is it happening due to some specific PS files or while performing some operation. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kunal,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you share more details on what operations you are encountering the crash? Is it happening due to some specific PS files or while performing some operation. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit,

I was working with some of the PS files which are not that artwork heavy but do have some intricate illustration for scientific purposes. As soon as I try and use vector scaling, the app hangs and then crashes with no error code or anything. Tried reinstalling and clearing the cache memory already. For now, I've switched back to my PS work as I was doing initially on my MacBook not using the app anymore as unfortunately, I do not have too much time to troubleshoot. Just wanted to let the mods know about the issue so posted my issue here so that it will be looked into for later updates or so. Cheers mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kunal,

We haven't really heard of the app crashing because of the PS files.

Are you facing the crash issue with a particular file or with all the files?

There could be a possibility that the file which you're trying to open in Fresco is having extensive layers and features which might heavy for the app to process. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Yes, as I mentioned earlier the artwork I was working with had some heavy layer work, hence I shifted my workflow over to photoshop later on. But the overall PS file was only 530 mb in size. Just wanted to share the feedback that is all.

Cheers,

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confused.  Are you experiencing issues as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines