• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging Down on a layer with Oil Strokes

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the oil brushes. I use them constantly and love the depth and texture of the strokes. But sometimes I want to create paint overtop of those strokes. I can simply create a new layer above the oil layer ofcourse, but eventually I want to merge down and create a new master layer. But I cannot. Because suddenly the texture of strokes in underneath suddenly persist through, even though I'm merging down opaque pixels. I'm not merging down a layer set to a layer transfer mode, I'm simply merging down opaque pixels. And when I do, horrible result. When I flatten: horrible result. I understand Live Brushes are a unique beast but there has to be a way to maintain how layers have always worked.
Apologies because I have posted about it before and Sue has mentioned looking into it, but it's becoming a real hindernece and I can't imagine I'm alone in this. I love fresco but this is a big issue. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Color , How-to , Layers , Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Publish & export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've posted about it before and you're received a response from Sue, the best thing to do would be to continue the discussion in the same thread rather than starting a completely new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Its seems there are a lot of problems with the live brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines