• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Wacom Tablet and Touch Shortcut: Modifier Key? Keyboard Key?

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a "unsupported in Windows 10" Bamboo Fun Wacom tablet (CTH-661) that I have managed to get working in Windows 10 via the magic of Reddit. (Spoiler: Download the older driver (Driver 5.2.0-7a) and the older PenTablet.exe (PenTablet_5.3.5-3.exe)) 

I've used Fresco on my iPad, but since I am now moving my workflow to my Windows 10 desktop, I'm a bit confounded by something. How does one really use Fresco if they cannot get the Touch Shortcut to work? (For example, I don't see a possibility for vector trimming elsewhere. I understand that erase is easy enough, but it does seem like certain functions require it.) 

I would love to map one of my bamboo buttons to the Touch Shortcut, but after looking through the forums, it doesn't look like there is a clear "modifier" for the primary and secondary Touch Shortcut. (Just for fun and as an experiment, I tried ctrl, windows, shift, and alt - none of them seemed to work.)

TL;DNR - Here's my question: Is there a keyboard key that can invoke the functions of the primary and secondary Touch Shortcuts?

Also looking on the forums, it looks like most folks have more "modern" tablets that have "Wacom MobileStudio" and maybe THAT supports the Touch Shortcut getting mapped to a button? It's a little unclear because all I saw was that the latest version of Fresco + a modern Wacom fixed it for one community member without much in the way of details.... But that software is also a non-starter for me personally because my tablet is so old. (Any modern Wacom software just throws a "buy a newer tablet" error when I install it - and I kinda refuse to do that out of principle.) 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-----

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Adobe Fresco 2.1.0

Wacom CTH-661

Driver 5.2.0-7a
PenTablet_5.3.5-3.exe

TOPICS
Cross-product , Device , How-to , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover over the touch circle it will give you a Touch shortcut (`) which is the tilde key. Whether there is an option to use the tablet I'm not sure of but there is definitely a keyboard option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines