• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan on Fresco Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I love love Fresco, I've been using it on my iPad Pro for a long time and was so excited to see the desktop version. I have a Wacom Cintiq 16 and it is smooth as butter to draw in Fresco, however I can't figure out how to pan around the document. I looked in the app settings and I can only find how to pan with finger gestures which my Cintiq doesn't have.

The canvas isn't centered on the board it's off to the left, and I can't find any info on how to pan with the mouse or a keyboard shortcut. I can use the MMB to zoom on the document, but without panning it's just zooming on the corner. Pressing and holding MMB draws on the canvas.

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hi Apple.

Glad you're loving Fresco.

Unfortunately, right now there is currently no easy way to pan. The team is working on adding stylus support for this functionality but it is not yet in the app.  If you're using a touch-enabled device  you can move around the image using your fingers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicholas. 

Spacebar + stylus/finger should allow you to pan. Does that work?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, 

I'm so sorry for my previous message. After further looking into it I was able to get it to work. I do have a problem with slowness however, and am working on a machine that should be more than cabable of handling it: 32gb ram, 1tb hard drive, gtx 2080, 6 core processor. 

Any ideas why that might be happening?

Best,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick. 

A few questions:
Are you  having trouble with speed on every drawing? Or just one?

If it's just one, are you using the vector drawing tools?

Also, what are you doing when the app is lagging (drawing, zooming/panning, transforming)?

Any  additional information you  can  give me will be helpful. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having general speed issues with everything I have created so far. What is strange is that it is not when I am creating lines but rather when I am switching to the fill tool, grouping layers, transforming layers, and using the eyedropper tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas.

Without knowing the details of your system, this sounds unusual.

I hate to respond with something so basic  but have you force-quit all apps, signed out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App, restarted your device, then relaunched everything?

If after trying that, you're still having trouble with a serious lag, message us through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support  > Report A Bug; all of your device/app information will auto-populate that email and we'll be able to get a better idea of what might be going on. 

Sue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me, unless I press Ctrl +t  (transform) +stylus , outside of the rectangle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the latest version? It was released last week sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020/11/20

Using Windows 10 on Desktop with Logitech mouse. Fresco version 2.0.1

Mouse scroll wheel zooms -- albeit slowly. I have not tried to adjust the zoom speed.

As someone else suggested, holding the space bar allows panning -- even though the hand cursor did not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi finally I discovered it!!!
Really simple, you just need to choose shapes, than grab anywhere besides the marked shape and than you can pan like no big deal.

I hope I helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yeah I eventually figured it out by accident. It was remarkably
hard to find instructions for this particular need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. You can do it using the space bottom from de keyboard. Just hold on it. Bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply press the "shift" key and use the pen to drag the canvas around. I have mapped the shift key to one of the Cintiq 16 short cut keys because I don't like using the keyboard. The 8 mappable buttons are amazing and very handy for all kinds of shortcuts that make drawing much faster, undo is super handy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines