• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD files are grayed out in Affinity if Fresco is installed. iOS

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files are grayed out in Affinity if Fresco is installed. Only deleting Freso solved the issue. Anyone with the same problem?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Art. 

This has to do with the way iOS and file associations work. Because we fixed a bug of a similar sort in Fresco last year; the team believes it might be a bug in Affinity.  BUT,  a quick question, and a request: 

* Does this also happen if you install Ps for iPad?

* Will you post a screenshot (or direct message it to me) of where in Affinity you're seeing the greyed-out files?

Thanks. And thanks for posting about this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

thanks for your reply. This happens if trying to open or import a psd file in Affinity Designer or Photo. A well known issue in the Affinity forums. So far only deleting Fresco is the only soulution. Installed PS doesn't change anything but maybe I found a workaround now by installing PS Express.  PSD files aren't grayed out any more in Affinity.

Do you think a pen tool with bezier curves will be added to fresco sometime? Then it wouldn't  be necessary to switch apps.

thanks,

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Art. 

About a Pen tool, I can tell you this... The teams knows that there's a need for the ability to manipulate vector strokes, so, yes, I'm certain a tool of that sort will make it into Fresco. 

That said, I don't know whether it will look or function exactly as the Pen tool in Illustrator and I'm not entirely certain when it will be implemented. 

Unfortunately that's about all I can say right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines