Questions for Fresco features n functions--

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats to the Fresco team on the release!

I have spent a few hours with Fresco, and it's  really exciting-- a few questions-- or suggestions or how do yous...

• Easily clear a layer?
  • Where  is the blender tool? Is there a blender? (not via live brush)
  • SWATCHES!!???!! uhm... guys.... where are the swatches? i cant import my cc swatches? does this finctionality exist? will it  exist?
  • dilute existing opacity towards 0% when using water color-- it appears that adding color and mixing color is fantastic in using it, but how do i thin out areas thick areas of color with "water" or clear transparency?
  • personalize finger gestures? 
  • adjust "canvas" texture for pixel brushes -- (for example: i have Kyle's mega pack from 2015, obviously the brush engine is different than PS, but it appears the texture of many brushes all have the same pebbly, toothy quality)

TOPICS
Layers, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019
I'll take a crack at a couple of these: Easily clear a layer - trash it and start a new one, or use the selection tool to marquee the area or entire layer and tap "erase" Blender tool - there isn't a separate blender tool but all the pixel brushes blend Swatches - tap the color chip, choose a color and tap "+" to add a swatch in the document. No support for Library color swatches yet. Dilute water color to just water - press and hold the touch shortcut (circle in the lower left of the scree...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a crack at a couple of these:

• Easily clear a layer - trash it and start a new one, or use the selection tool to marquee the area or entire layer and tap "erase"
  • Blender tool - there isn't a separate blender tool but all the pixel brushes blend
  • Swatches - tap the color chip, choose a color and tap "+" to add a swatch in the document. No support for Library color swatches yet.
  • Dilute water color to just water - press and hold the touch shortcut (circle in the lower left of the screen) and your brush gives you pure water without color.
  • Personalize finger gestures - not available as far as I know
  • Adjust canvas texture - So far, the only options are "Canvas" or "None." Future wish list!!

I hope that helps some.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just follow up questions:

- how do you make pixel brushes blend? 

-Dilute water-- it doesn't reduce the opacity back to zero-- i have been trying this specifically.

- where is the canvas or none option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew. 

Thanks for the congratulations. 

Since Michael did such a great job of answering your questions, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be submitting all of your queries (that aren't yet possible in the app) as feature requests. 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

Sue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting here because my original answer went into the ether...

Blending - I may have misspoken. The oil and watercolor brushes blend, but not the regular brushes. 
Diluting - like real paint, it will never get back to clear. But as you push it along the paper and spread it out, it gets fainter and fainter. 
Canvas option - it's in the brush options for the individual brush you're using. Screen shot below:

2E66173C-ED26-48B5-8153-0ECCEBE70167.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions! On the swatch note, is it possible to delete swatches? This would be great, as I'm trying to stick with a defined palette for a project 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not yet Jenica (I want to be able to delete them too) but eventually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines