• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raster on top of vector. Does everything turn to raster when exported?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm in the process of learning "surface pattern designing". I started with Illustrator which is great, but I wanted to add texture and all that cute stuff in my artwork. I then learned Procreate which I also enjoy very much. But, because Fresco has the option for both vector & raster, I'm leaning towards creating more with Fresco. Especially since it's easier to transfer artwork to Illustrator. However, because I mix vector and raster together in Fresco, it seems as though everything turns into raster when I export to Illustrator - which defeats the purpose of using vector. I've always preferred vector because of the resizing benefits.

My question... should I even bother with using vectors? Should I just size up really big so that sizing won't be such an issue?

Also, I could be wrong. Maybe? If the vectors stay as is and only the rasters change when I resize, then I could just keep creating my work in smaller file size and I don't really need to bother with create large sizes for the sake of storage space.

TOPICS
Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fresco Vector when exported to Illustrator creates Vector Shapes rather than lines. So for me it's not a true Vector transition at this stage.
Regarding the best way to do something, I think you'll end up with as many different suggestions as how ever many people may respond to your post. There are many different workflows and that's really something for you to work out what works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines