• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate ruler on Fresco Desktop?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to rotate the ruler/straight edge? 
No options or configurations seem to work with my Wacom Intuos touch or wheel. Computer itself has no touch. 

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hello somnixer,

You can use R+Stylus to rotate the Ruler. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello somnixer,

You can use R+Stylus to rotate the Ruler. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an alternative solution for a mouse?
I just tried to hold down R and all three mouse buttons and nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sjaani,

It's currently not supported but we are working on enabling it as well. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just give up to use that ruler. This "Pressing R+Stylus" is very strange, sometime work sometime not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't work, at least on Windows. I found that I can move the ruler with the stylus, but I haven't found a way to rotate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I just had an outdated Wacom Tablet. I just purchased the newest Intuos Pro, and it does work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those trying to do this on a Windows desktop and having trouble, something I had to figure out was that the ruler has a pivot point. You can only rotate it at the pivot point. Hold down R and press down on the ruler with your drawing pen. You'll see a little blue box pop up with the current angle of the ruler. By letting go of R, you can can then use your pen to position the pivot point where you want it. Hold down R again, and press down on the ruler with your pen at the pivot point. This will let you rotate it. This works with a mouse as well, at least on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minor correction: The box is blue on 45 degree increments (0, 45, 90, etc). From there it can only be rotated at the box. If it's on a different angle, the box is black and you can rotate it from any where on the ruler by holding down R and dragging the ruler to the desired angle. However, mine snaps to those 45 degree increments when I get within about 3 degrees of them, so fine grained control near those increments seems to be impossible for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!! Very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that's what I'|ve been looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing!! Thank you, have been struggling with figuring that out for days and was so astonished when it worked!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

空格+r,试试吧!就是这样

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Space + r, try it! that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines