• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size Limitations In Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Adobe Fresco for iPad and enter certain canvas sizes and ppi settings I'm met with limitations.  For example, if I'm working on a piece that will be printed at 32' x 24' at set the ppi to 300 or more it won't allow me to go over let's say 250ppi.  I'm aiming  to ensure that my print won't appear pixelated or low in quality once their place on posters or other mediums, since I'm using a combination of vector and pixel brushes and in some cases all pixel brushes.  I noticed this isn't a problem with Photoshop, I opened a canvas with the dimensions 32' x 24' at 10000ppi with no issue, but when it comes to watercolor brushes, oil brushes, dry media etc.  I use Fresco more.  I appreciate your time, looking forward to a reply.   

TOPICS
Canvas settings , How-to , Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

According to another post with a similar question file size is limited based on devices.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/max-file-size-and-max-number-of-layers/m-p/10638852?page=1 

I haven't been able to find any documentation which outlines the limitations per devices though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to another post with a similar question file size is limited based on devices.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/max-file-size-and-max-number-of-layers/m-p/10638852?page=1 

I haven't been able to find any documentation which outlines the limitations per devices though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The traditional way of designing for large billboard-sized applications would be to create the artwork at a smaller size, like 1:4, to make the file size manageable - then scale up during the print ourput process. Do you really want 300ppi at 32 *feet*? That is way overkill unless you're planning a gigapixel application or something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.  I'll do somethin with a higher DPI, but a smaller size,  but then when adjusting the DPI for print,  it'll make the size larger (i.e. working on an image 9x12 at 600 DPI,  but changing it to 300 DPI,  and 18x 24 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the clarification everyone, I've been doing some research online and you all just demystified some key points.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines