Exit

Smudge tool Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find a smudge tool. All raster graphic settsoftware use to have them,

Is this a feauture in future versions?

I also miss brush settings for smearing smudging /blending in the pixel brushes.

I want have control over how strokes affecting the colours under that stroke, like smearing , moving or dissolving colour from.

As it is now - all pixel brushes acts like glazing brushes. Pretty static.

TOPICS
Pixel Brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Hi LarsJohan. 

There is no smudge tool yet in Fresco but... although I can't say "when," I can say that this tool is a huge priority for the team. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im super curious about this too!! Where's a blender or smudge tool?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the pixel brushes can blend/smudge with colors on the same layer, as part of their normal interaction. 

''You can experiment with brush settings and opacity to get a wide variety of blending and smudging effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings make smudging effects om brushstrokes ? I have downloaded brushpacks from Kyle W and No One of these  brushes affects underlying brushstrokes with smearing or smudging  they are static ,  just more more or   less opaque . You cab only "blend" with opacity.

In some packs there is said to be smudging tools included. It seems like Fresco cannot import Photoshop brushes with full. functionality . I dont find imports of PS brushes useful if they stripped of their dynamics

(Sorry for My bad english)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? Smudge ... please explain how 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only able to get the live brushes to smudge or blend. I can't find anyway to do this with a Pixel brush. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried tirelessly to get the oil is the live brushes mainly to smear and can't figure it out. It's like erase or apply.  How did you do it?  The opacity doesn't really move the paint.  I just wan tTo use procreatie except I love that chunky oil paint!  Any tips would be so appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake in my earlier answer. It's the oil paint and watercolor brushes that will allow you to smudge and blend. The settings will change how the brushes behave (opacity, shape, texture, etc). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! I was going crazy trying different settings after your comment prior (I’m not mad, I was just furiously trying to figure out some setting that pushes and mixes pixels without laying down color). I feel a bit relieved that I’m not crazy, at least on this count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LarsJohan. 

There is no smudge tool yet in Fresco but... although I can't say "when," I can say that this tool is a huge priority for the team. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans for implementing some kind of smear/smudge settings in the pixel brushes settings?

Its something you have in all raster graphic software. It make the brushes less static and gives more variation .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little bit of a hack, and it depends on the effect you're trying to achieve, but I've started using the pixel brushes and then go over (on the same layer) with a live brush set to Clear / 0% opacity. I mostly work in watercolor this way which is a little more conducive to the method but I think it works with the oils as well – did a couple quick tests below. Then sometimes I'll go back over with the pixel brush lightly just to get the right texture. 

Image from iOS (8).pngImage from iOS (9).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to blur an entire layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done that a lot in the past in PS when I'd paint digitally to blend things 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines