Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stock pixel brushes stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I love Fresco and am in the middle of using it to create assets for an animation project. I opened it up today to discover that the last brush I was using (the stock "Chunky brush" found in the painting section of the pixel brushes) would not draw with my apple pencil, but it would with my finger. I am using an iPad (7th generation) on ios 14.6 with a first gen apple pencil on firmware version 2.61 (which I understand to be the latest) and updated to the latest version of Fresco. I deleted and reinstalled Fresco but that did nothing. After experimenting, I found the apple pencil worked fine with the pencil and pen brushes from the "sketching" section as well as a handful of other random pixel brushes but most will not work with it and instead will only show up when I use my finger. Has anyone else experienced this? I only found one other post related to this phenomenon, but they said it solved itself when they updated ios? I really need to get this working asap, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time 

TOPICS
Device , Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Thank you for your help Sue, I had actually tried that previously to no result. I went to the apple store to test if it was a hardware issue with the pencil itself and indeed it was. despite showing up as being paired and recognized by my ipad, the pressure sensor / internal hardware was not funtioning, so I got it replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another notable thing is that when I attempt to draw with the apple pencil and most of these pixel brushes, although nothing is visible, I know it still registers as a change being made because when I hit "undo" it produces the notification that something was undone. I also want to note that I have hard-reset my ipad and still am experiencing these errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travist.

Try adjusting pressure recognition in App Settings:

From the Home screen in Fresco tap the avatar icon in the upper nav.

In the App Settings menu tap Input > Adjust Stylus Pressure and  see if adjust ing the pressure toward Light makes  a difference with regard to how your  strokes are showing up when using Pencil.

Let me know how things are going. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Sue, I had actually tried that previously to no result. I went to the apple store to test if it was a hardware issue with the pencil itself and indeed it was. despite showing up as being paired and recognized by my ipad, the pressure sensor / internal hardware was not funtioning, so I got it replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Travist.

Sorry for all the trouble but I'm glad you figured it out. 

So often this type of problem is a pressure-sensitivity issue that it often doesn't occur to me until later to ask people to test their Pencils. I'm glad you thought to do that. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines