• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestion for improvement - export PDF with layers

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been enjoying Fresco very much, but its a little irritating that the vector layers all come out squashed into one layer in the export PDF.  It would speed up workflow if all the layers in the Fresco file were exported as they are in the Fresco file so they can be easily turned on and off and worked on in illustrator. 

While the layers are kept when exported in photoshop, they are rasterized, so the vector advantages are lost.

TOPICS
Layers , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the most current version?

For me they do come into Illustrator as individual layers within a pdf and they are editable in the same way as if I had created in Illustrator to start with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all seems to be current, but they come in as "clip groups", not as layers. How do you get them to come in as layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Anyone know the answer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you still use them in the same way as if they were normal layers though?

It doesn't seem to affect my ability to continue editing even if they are in clip groups.

Might not be what you're used to creating directly in Ai, but it should still work the same.

I think the fact we have to work around getting Fresco into Ai via PDF is an indication that Fresco is currently not completely compatible with Ai. So as long as you can work around it the layers in clipping shouldn't stop you from continuing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's not too bad now I get how they work. But it does many extra steps for me, as I want to eventually bring them into photoshop in layers. If they were in layers in the PDF I wouldn't have to use AI to separate out the clip groups, save out again as AI or PDF one by one, and then bring them into PS.

I can't use the PSD export as I can't control how Fresco handles the vector layers. I want to bring the vector drawing into photoshop at higher resolution and without antialiasing so I can have very clean edges and colour boundaries.

So my workaround is save as high res pdf, then open in illustrator, then turn off all the clip groups, then turn on one by one and save each version as a separate pdf, then import each one into photoshop with the right resolution and anti-aliasing turned off. It's a lot of steps!

Alternatively being able to export directly to photoshop file with a few controls - being able to choose the resolution and anti-aliasing - would sort my problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines