• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Shortcut Problems

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I use the Touch Shortcut all the time to erase with brush, but almost half the time while still holding down the Touch Shortcut, my Apple Pencil starts drawing again. Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix for this?

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Katy. 

Please try double-tapping it (that will enable it without you having to continue to hold it) and see if you're getting the same response with erasing. 

The more information I can share with the team, the easier it is for them to look into it. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katy. 

When you're using the Touch Shortcut are you tapping-and-holding it? Or are you double-tapping it to enable it without having to keep touching it? 

If you're erasing using the first method, please try the second and see if you get the same result.

In the meantime, I'm asking around to see if this is an issue other people have been running in to.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue. I am tapping and holding it. I tested it several times by making sure I tap and hold and DO NOT move that finger, and the Touch Shortcut still turns off on its own after a stroke or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katy. 

Please try double-tapping it (that will enable it without you having to continue to hold it) and see if you're getting the same response with erasing. 

The more information I can share with the team, the easier it is for them to look into it. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of 1/25/21, if you tap the shortcut circle, lift your finger briefly, then hold the shortcut circle lightly, the switch to eraser works great. My trouble was that I just pressed the circle, which gave an unpredictable change to eraser. It would change back to brush unless I pressed ridiculously hard. The trick is to tap, lift and then press lightly. Or double tap to make the change stick until you double tap again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines