• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off eyedropper tap-and-hold shortcut?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am attempting to work in Fresco. I am very new to it, but so far the biggest pain has been the eyedropper tool auto-selecting if I tap the screen and do not move quickly enough. I am trying to draw on a touch screen. Currently, I am attempting to draw fine lines in a small area, and when I press to begin drawing, within a very short period of time the eyedropper tool auto-selects some random color I am near. It makes it almost impossible to use Fresco for fine drawing. After having seen multiple posts about the same sort of thing, I am now certain Adobe is not interested in correcting this, so I will be canceling the license. I understand some more adept users can manuever through all this and it makes it more convenient for them, but it would be nice if there was an option to turn off individual touch screen shortcuts.

TOPICS
How-to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En lieu et place de désactiver le raccourci tactile, il serait peut-être plus agréable depouvoir en modifier le temps de latence avant qu'il s'active automatiquement, ça permettrait de le moduler en fonction dechaque utilisateur et permettrait d'éviter les changement de couleur intempestifs.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je viens de faire cette proposition sur le uservoice

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper pops up when you double-tap the side of your Apple pencil. This can be disabled in App Settings:

File Feb 12, 11 10 15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco version 2.2.0 French, le paramaètre Double tap n'existe pas !

IMG_5474EBDF03B8-1.jpeg

IMG_369DA02588E4-1.jpeg

Alors est-ce une erreur de la V2.2.0 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of iPad? Do you have the new Apple Pencil, or the old version? The first generation Apple Pencil doesn't support tapping.

Here is a screen shot from my older iPad with Apple Pencil generation 1, and it also has no option for "Double Tap."

However, without double-tap, there is no danger to accidentally choose the color-picker by tapping the pencil, either.

IMG_1041.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad 10.5'  modèle MPDY2TY/A, IOS 14.4, ApplePensil 1 Fresco 2.2.0,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, Apple Pencil 1 does not support tapping, that is why you do not see the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alors pourquoi le fait de double-taper sur le racourci permettant de passer de pinceau à gomme permet de passer du mode fixe au mod alterné ? (Les cercles bleus/blancs) fonctionne très bien avec l'pplePensil 1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines