• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

type, text tool

Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is everyone's experience with the new text too?  I am so impressed, it runs so great.  It seems like the smudge brushes are getting all the attention, but I think the way the text tool is design is amazing. 

It is really easy to jump through the text blocks, style text, and all the little details of the UI seem to be really innovative and work well. 

I don't actually have a question, I am just so excited about this release.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so happy to see this feedback! 

Glad to know you're enjoying this tool. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena! 

Could you help me out? I've just done the latest update on my Windows Surface Pro tablet. I did get the smudge tool, but I don't see the text tool? And I'm really eager to use it.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text tool is not available on the Windows version of Fresco. It would come in future versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would like to subscribe, do you know when the text tool will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be made more clear in the upgrade and online user guide materials.  I just spent over an hour today and over an hour the other night looking for why it doesn't show on my Fresco (windows version).  The poor help desk employee today took 85 minutes trying everything even taking control of my computer before finally telling me the same. 

Any reply to the other question about when it may come for Windows machines?  The main reason I am using Fresco.  If I had an ipad, I'd be using Procreate anyway and not using the Adobe suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the text tool isn't available in Windows if I create a drawing on the ipad and include text I loose it when I open up in Windows and it reverts to 'Lorem ipsom', and changes the text in the cloud so that when I reopen on the ipad I have to delete the layer and create the text layer again.  Is there a way around this whiole we wait for teh Windows version to have text?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. 

Any text layer created in the iOS version of the app stays as it is on Windows as you cannot work on it because of the limitation of the feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the text changes when it goes back into Windows (and is changed when I re-open it up in iOS too).  I had the text in a separate text layer but if I then 'Merge Down' that layer onto a drawing layer it keeps the text when I open it in Windows and so that is my work around.  I only found this after posting my message above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines