Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Imported Brushes Offline

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I tried searching around for this topic and some of the responses I have read for similar questions don't quite seem to help so I figured I would just ask. I have all of Kyle's brush packs saved to the cloud and they work perfectly fine when I am home as I have a decent connection. However, I was visiting family yesterday and the connection there was really slow so when I went to work on some art, none of the brushes loaded. I hcecked this morning and the brushes are saved to my cloud docs folder on my tablet so I am not sure why they wont load when offline. I even tried importing them directly but Fresco crashes every time whether it's one bruhs or a whole pack. What am I missing? I don't work offline very often but I losy a whole day of productivity due to not having a good internet connection yesterday. There must be a solution. 

EDIT: I also just uploaded Kyle's Megapack to files, the same way I did all the other brush packs, and it isn't showing up in the libraries. For ten bucks a month, it really shouldn't be this difficult to utilize advertised features. Very frustrating. 

EDIT 2: So I remembered how I got the libraries updated. I had download Sketch onto my phone and import the brushes from the CC Assets... I got the libraries updated with the new brushes that I wanted to use (absolutely ridiculous way to have to go about do this) but I still would like to know how I can use the brush packs offline. 

EDIT 3: Tried again to import the brushes directly to Fresco and for whatever reason this time it worked. Maybe it was the recent update, I don't know but it never worked before. Will test offline later today, but for now I will assume that the issue is resolved and will post another edit to this message if it is not. 

TOPICS
Import , Pixel Brushes , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import the brushes into the Fresco app?
If I turn my wifi off, I am still able to access all brushes because they are loaded into the app not in an online cloud or other storage folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried but the app crashes every time. I've tried one brush. I've tried packs. Crashes every single time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device are you using? You mention tablet but can you be more specific?
Is it high end or possibly at the lower end of Fresco system requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the original post again to state that it finally worked. Idk if it was the most recent update or if it was the universe responding to my post, but I can now import brushes directly. To answer your question tho, I'm using a surface pro 6 with i7 chip, so it's definitely not a device performance issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it's working for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the free brushes in my fresco app (on my ipad). But they can only be used with a decent internet connection. What am I missing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines