Environment: iPad Pro 2020 model. Been using it and the fresco app for months and the problem started about a week ago.
I don’t know what’s going on with the app but recently I have encountered way too many crashes that accompany corrupted files and lost progress. About 1 out of 5 times I cannot successfully save a drawing but instead lose tons of progress. It’s extremely frustrating.
I'm sorry you've been losing work. We haven't had any updates recently so I'm not sure why you're experiencing so many problems. But I'd like to try to determine what's going wrong.
If you would, I'd like you to send an email to us through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug); all of your device/app information will autopopulate that email and it will be helpful with troubleshooting.
You don't have to repeat what you've posted here, but if you would send me the answers to a couple of questions it would be helpful:
* When you say drawings are corrupted, what do you mean? Will they no longer open? Are you seeing alerts when you try to open them? Is there an orange exclamation icon on the drawing thumbnail?
* What brushes do you normally use?
* When you say you're unable to successfully save a drawing, are you seeing some type of error alert when you try to save?
Finally, when you write us at that link if you would include Fresco's Support Logs it would be helpful. To access those go to App Settings > Help > Support > Save Support Logs.
Again, I'm really sorry you've been losing work.
Thank you for your kind response. I have sent a bug report through the app along with my support logs. I have also attached the answers to the questions you asked, but just in case I would like to post it here as well:
1, When you say drawings are corrupted, what do you mean? Will they no longer open? Are you seeing alerts when you try to open them? Is there an orange exclamation icon on the drawing thumbnail?
- After the app crashed and I relaunched the app, the file of the drawing I was working on would show up briefly, but then one of 2 kinds of situation happen: it either disappears or its thumbnail was changed to a much earlier version.
2 times I was able to create a duplicated file before it disappears or changes, thus saving my progress, but other times either I cannot duplicate it (a message shows up says it cannot be done) or the duplicated file is a much earlier version of the drawing.
Also, the original file can no longer be opened (before it just disappears).
The orange exclamation does not generally show up. The lost files have the "in sync" icon.
2, What brushes do you normally use?
- I was mostly using the vector brushes when it happens.
3, When you say you're unable to successfully save a drawing, are you seeing some type of error alert when you try to save?
- This might be a lack of explanation on my part. I meant to say "the drawing was not successfully saved". There was no problem whenever I try to save a drawing, but the problem is that in the case of a crash the most recent save points are lost.
Hope this can help you identify the cause of the problem. Thanks!
Thank you so much for all of this. I've passed all of your information (and your support logs) along to the team. A bug has been logged and someone will be taking a closer look at what's been happening.
I'm sorry I don't have a solution (or insight into the cause) for you right now.