Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When downloading file from Fresco, Text file is always added

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Its not huge deal, but a bit annoying that every time I download some file to my Creative Cloud or Onedrive, a text file is added there, so I need to delete it separately every time. ( It generates always 2 files automatically even if I only have 1 art file, other one is always text file)

What could be the problem, could I turn it off somehow?

Best wishes,

Nora

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's incredibly odd.  I haven't experienced that issue.  What kind of file type are you using? JPG? PSD? PNG? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all file types including JPG, PNG, PSD. Please find below screenshots for this bug.

2 files in CC.jpgDesktop notification.jpgUploadImage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NoraPS.

This is happening to me too.

I haven't seen it crop up since Adobe Draw, at which time it was some bug related to iOS 11, but I cannot for the life of me remember what was causing it. 

I'm looking into it and I'll post as soon as I know what's going on. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Thanks for checking into this. Hoping to get this thing solved. 

Cheers!

Nora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nora and Sue - I'm having the same issue when using "Publish and Export" from Fresco. It seems to happen no matter where I'm exporting to, or what format I choose. Fresco creates a companion .txt file that says "Created using Adobe Fresco. #AdobeFresco" 🙂

Andrew

Extra TXT File from Fresco iPad Pro - 1.jpgExtra TXT File from Fresco iPad Pro - 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew. 

You just reminded me that I hadn't heard back about this... Just sent another quick note (along with your screenshots) to the team. 

I probably won't have an answer until early next week but I'll post as soon as I do. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nora PS @Andrew Federman 

I didn't forget about you. This will be changed in an upcoming build of Fresco; it's too late for it to make it into the next update but will make it into the following one. 

Hang in there a bit longer. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue Garibaldi  Huge thanks for your help. It finally got resolved! I feel huge relieve now that I see only 1 file getting generated. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nora. 

I knew it was being worked on but I didn't think the change had made it into the app yet. But I'm certainly not going to complain that you're no longer getting two files whenever you export.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 September and this bug is still there! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fixed, maybe a recent change has bought it back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening May 2023. Version 4.6.0. Would be great if we could remove this before sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tamra5C98,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening. please fix.

Jakob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is still an issue! It's annoying to have to take extra steps to upload files for clients because the text file is so unprofessional. Fresco even sends the text in a whole separate email if I try to send files directly from the app, so recipients receive 2 notifications (one of which is useless, and pretty confusing). Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Telia31874006vd8y,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with Fresco. The additional text file generated when exporting files can indeed be frustrating and unprofessional, especially when sharing files with clients. I tried but couldn't replicate the same on my iPhone. To assist you further and provide the necessary information to the product team, could you please provide the following details:

1. The version of Fresco you are using (you can find this in the app's settings > About).
  2. The version of OS & system details
  3. If possible, could you share a screenshot of the text file that gets generated or share the actual text file itself?

This information will be valuable for the product team's investigation into the issue. Once you provide this information, I'll be able to forward it to the appropriate team so that they can work on resolving the problem.

Thank you for your assistance in helping us improve the Fresco experience.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Thank you for looking into it.

1) Adobe Fresco version 4.8.0

2) IOS: IPadOS 16.6 (20G75) on a Ipad Pro 5th generation.

Attached file: Text file

It simply says, in danish: "Generated with Adobe Fresco."

Apparently, this is only happening when generating static drawings - jpgs, pngs etc, not animations. The text file is visible in the export window on the Ipad as well (see img_1350).

I hope you find this information helpful - looking forward to an answer.

Jakob  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the details, @jakobf16001915. I appreciate your prompt response and the attached file.

I've escalated this matter to the Fresco product team, and they will investigate the problem further. Please be assured that your feedback is valuable, and they will work to find a resolution.

I'll keep you updated on any progress or developments regarding this issue. If you have any more information or encounter any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jakobf16001915, the product team tried there and couldn't replicate the issue with Fresco v4.8 when saving the asset as JPG or PNG.

They have requested a screen recording in which they want you to create a new sample document and export a PNG or JPG so they can get reproducible steps. Please share this, and I will forward it to them.

Appreciate your assistance in helping us fix this issue.

best,

Anshul saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through the workflow, it seems as if the problem only is there in dropbox uploads.

I am not sure this has always been the case. But for me: The Dropbox interface might be the problem?

See screen recording in the dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iiiz8fb6wqur7yjb81iny/Screen-Recording-2023-09-07-at-11.46.35.mov?rlk...

All the best

Jakob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing additional information & screen recording, @jakobf16001915. It's helpful to know that the issue seems to be related to Dropbox uploads.

I have forwarded this info directly to the product team. They will review the recording to better understand the issue, and once they provide me with specific guidance or solutions, I will share it with you.

Appreciate your time & patience.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines