• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do some layers get imported as Pixels into Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know why Fresco seems to pick some layers in what's supposed to be a vector file and export them as pixels when opened in illustrator? I've tried exporting directly into illustrator, as a PDF and also tried opening the files directly into photoshop through creative cloud.

All the options give me the same results. Some vectors, some pixels and I'd like to know why and how to resolve this issue.

TOPICS
Cross-product , Import , Layers , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

I finally figured it out! There's an experimental feature called simplify under the app settings. Once you do this, it imports all correctly as vectors!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco was initially a painting app. Connected most closely to Photoshop.
Additional features including Vector have been added but I think the app is still most closely connected to Photoshop.
If you want a true Vector app on the iPad look into Illustrator on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Sjaani !
Before Illustrator existed, this was the only vector app in existence I believe. I am now switching to illustrator but I am running into this issue when trying to migrate my Fresco files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Only using the vector brush. Then when I "send to illustrator", it comes in as pixels. In other words does not at all work as they say in their guide here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/fresco/using/fresco-and-illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating masks on your vector layers, they get converted to pixels on import to Illustrator. Hopefully, this will be improved in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some artwork that has no masks and the same issue happens. Any other ideas of why this might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out! There's an experimental feature called simplify under the app settings. Once you do this, it imports all correctly as vectors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

It still doesn't work when I send it directly into illustrator. This only works when I export it as a PDF. And SOME illustrations it doesn't work on. Although it does on most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines