• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Fresco not available for Mac Desktop???

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Fresco not available for Mac Desktop????

TOPICS
Live brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

I understand that Fresco is available for Windows desktops but not for Mac. Yes, it makes sense that Fresco was designed with Windows hybrid touch devices and non-touch devices in mind, considering the versatility of the Windows platform. At the same time, the lack of touch-enabled Macs also played a role in limiting the availability of Fresco on the Mac platform. It's essential for software developers to consider the specific features and capabilities of different devices when designing their a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best thing any of us can suggest is to keep an eye on the System Requirements. Other than that we can't give you any insight into Adobe's plans for their software and which OS they plan to have it released on or when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac book pro that was released last year. i think it should be able to run Fresco better than my phone, yet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed it's beyond belief they would only provide IOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked that a lot, especially with M Series Macs that can use iPad/iPhone apps. They are aware of the requests though, so it's something that we might hopefully see soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @siliconmana @Cleo92,

Thanks for reaching out. Fresco on iPad generally uses a touch interface, which is why Fresco is not available for Mac desktops. Many functions on Mac are not possible using the trackpad or keyboard in Fresco.

No doubt, Mac desktops are more powerful than iPad. The only limitation is touch displays on Mac.

As of now, there is no plan for Fresco on macOS. Therefore, I would Would you mind upvoting this request here (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/43358298-support-fresco-on-...) & stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are not aware that there's a Windows version of Fresco, on desktop. I use it on my Windows desktop. That's why it's particularly illogical that there isn't a Mac version, other than it's designed to drive iPad sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait, you're an Adobe employee? Goodness me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve upvoted your thread. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it won't work if I use a Wacom tablet with my Macbook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Fresco is available for Windows desktops but not for Mac. Yes, it makes sense that Fresco was designed with Windows hybrid touch devices and non-touch devices in mind, considering the versatility of the Windows platform. At the same time, the lack of touch-enabled Macs also played a role in limiting the availability of Fresco on the Mac platform. It's essential for software developers to consider the specific features and capabilities of different devices when designing their applications in order to provide the best possible user experience.

I hope this clarifies!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely the dumbest thing. You can still use tablets with Macs! I was hoping to use this with my tablet on my mac but now that I find it's not available here I'm strongly considering getting rid of my subscription. I'm not gonna buy an iPad just for this. It's essential for Adobe to consider what it's users actually want and you guys are showing taht you don't really care about your users time and time again. Honestly getting tired of paying you guys when there are plenty of alternatives out there that are shaping up to be just as good as your products or better for less money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started working with Fresco on Windows, and got really frustrated when I
found out I wasn't able to work on my projects on my mac. Really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been scratching my head on this one. I have PCs, a Mac and an iPad Pro.  I have Photoshop and Illustrator on all of them, but Fresco is not on the MacOS. The lack of touch isn't an excuse as I use a Wacom Cintiq with the PC and Mac.  I use quite a bit of hardware as a game developer and artist (but not a game artist), so the idea that the input can't be easily remapped is silly. Along with the lack of Fresco on the MacOS, on the PC it tends to pick up the mouse cursor (that problem has only 1/2 been solved.) Overall, it seems like Adobe is only serious about Fresco on the iPad, despite it being a great program and great part of an overall art pipeline. If it was fully baked, I might use it more that Procreate on the iPad and Krita on the PC / Macs (I hate painting in Photoshop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines