• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Fresco ever come to desktop?

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to use this app on my iMac. I also have a windows desktop, and it would be good to use this app with a wacom tablet. Will this sort of feature ever be available?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Nathane, I couldn't say as I don't have one to try. I found that it doesn't work on my system with a touch Wacom, simply by installing and trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

technically it is available on a desktop, if you have a Surface Studio Pro. works amazing on it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I hook a wacom intuos tablet into that and sketch by that means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a surface studio pro you won’t need a Wacom, you can draw right on the screen. It’s pricey but if you’re a professional designer we’ll worth it I got mine about 3 months ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can both use a Wacom and/or draw directly on the screen of a Surface Pro. (I do both. At my desk, I use my Wacom Intous Pro with my large monitors. On the go, I use a pen and draw directly on the screen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the July 31st 2020 release it now works with an Intuos 4 for me with one laptop but not another. It looks like it needs some minimum GPU level as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately so far, a Wacom tablet (even touch-enabled) is not enough to support Fresco. I really hope that's coming soon, but for now it only works on the devices listed in the support page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/adobe-fresco.html

Today, that means Surface Book, Studio, Go, and Pro 4,5,6, and Wacom Mobile Studio only. 

FWIW, Fresco for Windows loads and runs just fine on my Windows desktop - it just doesn't respond to touch input from my Wacom Touch-enabled tablet. That makes it pretty useless, since almost everything in the app needs touch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, thanks for the response Michael.

What are the chances of it working on a Notebook 9 Pro? This is a laptop, but it also serves as a tablet, so its a 2-in-1. Do these sorts of devices tend to work with the software, just in an unofficial capacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, thanks for the response Michael.

What are the chances of it working on a Notebook 9 Pro? This is a laptop, but it also serves as a tablet, so its a 2-in-1. Do these sorts of devices tend to work with the software, just in an unofficial capacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nathane, I couldn't say as I don't have one to try. I found that it doesn't work on my system with a touch Wacom, simply by installing and trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I discovered that Fresco was available to install on my Laptop(Win10), seeing this question I checked my Creative Cloud desktop app on my desktop system  (Win10) with a Wacom Intuous attached to it. I was able to install Fresco, and with a few quick strokes using the Wacom Pen it definitely works, the touch is a little less user friendly in that if you tap with a finger you will get a mark, but you can't draw a line by touching with a finger on the Wacom surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess if you have surface pro you could install it. I do not have it so I cannot use it. Works great on the latest Ipad pro 12.9!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything is possible.  It might eventually.  With Apple transitioning to processors like the ones on the iPad and the upcoming Silicon based Macs being able to run iOS and iPadOS apps on the Mac,  its definitely a possibility 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines