• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Fresco work on a cintiq pro?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use adobe fresco on a computer hooked up with a wacom cintiq pro? if not, are there plans to make it compatible in the future?

im thinking of selling my mobile studio pro and purchasing a more powerful desktop computer and a wacom cintiq pro but i want to still be able to use fresco

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , How-to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

As of now, Adobe Fresco is only compatible with the listed devices, so Wacom Cintiq pro seems not compatible. And I am afraid, we don't have any official word on when it's going to be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe Fresco is compatible with Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13" and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16" as of now. You can refer to this article for information on devices compatible with Adobe Fresco:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fresco/system-requirements.html

Just to let you know that we’ll add more as we work with Windows hardware partners.

You can also check out the blog post: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-fresco-is-at-max-again-on-windows/

Regards,

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm aware that it's compatible with the mobile studio pro but that's not my question. I want to know if it's possible to use adobe fresco on a computer hooked up with a wacom cintiq pro and if not, are there plans to make it compatible in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now, Adobe Fresco is only compatible with the listed devices, so Wacom Cintiq pro seems not compatible. And I am afraid, we don't have any official word on when it's going to be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add it 🙂 I'm sure it would be a very popular decision! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree! At my last time of looking (which was fairly recent) it seems odd that it doen't work with a studio based Cintiq (large format) and desktop computer as that is very much the setup of professional illustrators and animators who draw digitally? Is Fresco not really meant for professionals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you do want to use the application however you are unable to use it because of system compatibility. We don't have any official time frame when more devices would be added however I will pass on your feedback to the product team and you can do that too here https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, its very strange fresco is not compatible with an industry standard tool such as the cintiq pro.

Its the live brushes i would really like to use. Are there any plans to incorporate the live brushes fresco has into photoshop?

Thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a huge disappointment that Fresco is not compatible with Wacom screen displays. I would like to upgrade to Wacom Cintiq Pro 24" and destop computer. My Surface Pro 6 i7, 16mb ram, 512 ssd has an incredibly long lag time when I use Fresco and I have come to love the program. Also, since the Surface pro has proprietary software it will not let you upgrade some of the drivers to others that may work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for reposting my answer, but I have a 2021 Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and HP Omen 30L with Intel i7 (11. gen.) NVidia geforce RTX 3080 (10gt). Adobe Fresco works just fine with PC Windows 10. It looks the same on iPad Pro, which I have used earlier. Fresco needs GPU with 8Gt, so that might be the problem with most of GPU. I am not sure if it is a issue between AMD Ryzen or Intel, or just GPU, but I made a choice for Intel, because it is used in working towers made by HP or Dell for Adobe CC. I am not an expert in technical issues, but got Fresco + WCintiqPro working just ok! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get this thread being marked as answered, when you look at the system requirements page, what is says is this:

As a drawing and painting app, Fresco has been optimized for use with a stylus. We recommend using pressure sensitive tablets and styluses (such as Wacom tablets or Surface pen). For the most realistic drawing, experience Fresco’s full drawing and painting capabilities with Wacom’s pressure sensitive pen displays and tablets such as Wacom MobileStudio Pro and Wacom Intuos.

Thought the language is somewhat ambiguous, nothing about it implies that Fresco is not compatible with the Wacom Cintiq Pro, and in fact I use Fresco pretty much exclusively with my Wacom cintiq Pro 24 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that by now they would have updated that vague description. 

What do you have inside your computer? Desktop or Laptop? Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 with touch or without?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Dell XPS 9700 Laptop
  • Cintiq Pro 24 touch
  • 10th gen i7
  • 32gb RAM
  • GeForce2060 Max Q 6gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've been wanting to get the Cintiq Pro touch. For example, I have become so accustomed to rotating my drawings in Fresco and other applications. Do you like it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am waiting for the GPU prices for a nvidia RTX 30 series to go down but it says that we just need a GPU that supports directX 12 ultimate and windows so im guessing any windows hardware will work with a wacom device attached to it provided that directX festure 12 ultimate is met

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a 2021 Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and HP Omen 30L with Intel i7 (11. gen.) NVidia geforce RTX 3080 (10gt). Adobe Fresco works just fine with PC Windows 10. It looks the same on iPad Pro, which I have used earlier. Fresco needs GPU with 8Gt, so that might be the problem with most of GPU. I am not sure if it is an issue between AMD Ryzen or Intel, or just GPU, but I made a choice for Intel, because it is used in working towers made by HP or Dell for Adobe CC. I am not an expert in technical issues, but got Fresco + WCintiqPro working ok! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines