Highlighted

MIXAMo texture

Contributor ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I mixamo downloaded a model , changed it's texture and reuloaded it to mixamo to rigg it . but texture seems to disappear and I get the yello color allover.

I am uploading a zip with the obj mtl and png folder is there anything I am missing?

Would apppreciate any help I've spent 2 days trying to figure that out.

Thank!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MIXAMo texture

Contributor ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I mixamo downloaded a model , changed it's texture and reuloaded it to mixamo to rigg it . but texture seems to disappear and I get the yello color allover.

I am uploading a zip with the obj mtl and png folder is there anything I am missing?

Would apppreciate any help I've spent 2 days trying to figure that out.

Thank!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the textures have to be in the root zip not a sub folder for best results... if you share the file I'll test it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks Ussnorway for your reply!  I tried so many times I am really confused and  not sure which file to send u.

Mayb your can tell me the steps and formats needed  to download the mixamo model , change it's texture/color , rig it in mixamo and send to aero?

Can I send you the link of the whole folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need something to work with i.e, what character and what colours you want to change... if you have a link to that then yes its a start

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks:) here is the link for the modified mixamo model 

https://adobe.ly/2ymb9X9

HEre are the steps I took to try and rig the above version

1-Downloaded the fbx from mixamo

2- Imported the model to dimension and cahnged material

3-Exported from Dimension as OBJ 

4-zipped the obj , mtl and picture folder 

5-Uplloaded zip to mixamo

6-sent to aero

Many thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok it sounds like steps 3 onwards are where you went off the path

example - view online

Screenshot (162).png

the steps are;

1 select and download your starting model from Mixamo as Fbx

Screenshot (153).png

2 open Dimension and import the Fbx, notice there are two main parts to the file i.e, model + bones... leave the bones alone!

Screenshot (155).png

3 select parts of the model you want to change with the magic wand tool... hold down shift key to add to selection before changing the model material

Screenshot (159).png

4 with the root file selected i.e, including the bones, export as Areo file type or upload | rendor

Screenshot (160).png

if you get stuck I would ask in the Dimension or Areo forums as these steps don't really have anything to do with Fuse and Adobe isn't very helpful here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
piixy LATEST
Contributor ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mnay thanks!! I was't aware of the model and bone thing, but it didn't work .

BTW I even tried a second time where I grouped the model , it didn;t work either.

I even deleted aero and installed a new version 

Many thanks for all your help !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines