• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2-3 versions of each app in CC?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2-3 versions of each app in my CC home page! The ones marked "new" don't even have version numbers next to them -- so I can't tell if it's the newest version of each app, or if it's an update to a really old Pre-CC copy (which I can't seem to uninstall).  How can I tell if a version is new or old if it doesn't have the version number next to it? 

And how do I uninstall the older versions so they don't all show up in the Creative Cloud home screen? (Windows seems to think I only have one copy, but CC lists three.) 

psd.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

I actually figured out the answer... and it was stupid.  I went back to Windows Settings / Uninstall, and found that the two apps were grouped together as "Adobe CS6". So I uninstalled the bundle. What annoys me is that years ago when I upgraded to CC, I was able to individually uninstall InDesign and Bridge.  It was Photoshop and Illustrator that were not listed as individual apps so I gave up. 

Absolutely stupid. I really wish the teams on these separate apps would try harder for these apps to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> And how do I uninstall the older versions 

Click the ellipsis (three dots ...) next to the Open button in the Creative Cloud Desktop App (shown in screenshot above) and select Uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEW means an upgrade to the latest major release version such as 19 or 20.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click the ellipsis of some of them, there is no uninstall option (photoshop 13.1). It's from CS6. Like I said, windows doesn't show it in there, so it's seemingly impossible to uninstall from CC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot uninstall that which is not already installed.   However, I always uninstall the normal way via my operating system and then run the Adobe Cleaner tool.  I prefer to keep my interaction with CC desktop app to a minimum so it remains closed most of the time. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the program IS still in there somewhere. when I use the windows search bar to find Photoshop CS6, it's there and I can open it.  it still works. it was the last copy that I actually owned before I switched to CC.  But when I go to "uninstall programs" in windows, it's not listed there. Ditto for Illustrator CS6. (Note: I was able to successfully uninstall my old InDesign CS6, so it's only Photoshop and Illulstrator that are giving me this trouble.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Windows user profile have full administrative level permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually figured out the answer... and it was stupid.  I went back to Windows Settings / Uninstall, and found that the two apps were grouped together as "Adobe CS6". So I uninstalled the bundle. What annoys me is that years ago when I upgraded to CC, I was able to individually uninstall InDesign and Bridge.  It was Photoshop and Illustrator that were not listed as individual apps so I gave up. 

Absolutely stupid. I really wish the teams on these separate apps would try harder for these apps to have more consistency in these aspects.  Either have all the apps grouped together as CS6, or let them all be listed separately in settings. 

Anyway, all of my old apps are now uninstalled, and I freed up SEVEN GB of space! 

One other gripe: after that was done, suddenly I couldn't open PSD files. I had to go in and force the computer to point PSD files to the newest 2020 version. Might be a windows issue, but considering it happened immediately after I uninstalled CS6....ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines