Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2018 sucks !! [graphics problems]

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I've download the new CC 2018 version of my apps and about everything goes wrong !!

First, in Photoshop and Illustrator I can't see the composition: the windows stay empty even in camera raw or anything using the picture.

Second, in After Effect, the composition windows becomes grey and nothing more appear (picture below)

Capture d’écran (5).png

I won't imagine what it should be on Premiere Pro !!

The issues stay there whatever I disable or not the GPU (GTX 950M). My drivers are all up to date as windows 10 also.

Only "secondary apps" like Dreamweaver, Muse, In Design, Audition... etc and Lighroom Classic CC works quite properly.

For the price I pay, I would like to have something working !!

So please help me solve !

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi,

I Got a great news ! Yesterday, after 2 days of thinking, I've decided to upgrade my graphic driver to the new Nvidia driver (388.00 10/23/2017) and Photoshop works pretty well ! So if your GPU is supported by this new driver, I recommend you to install it !

I'll try is the next hours the others software and tell you if it the same for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I don't want to install previous version, I want to solve the issue of the 2018 version.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi After Design,

Could you please try uninstall and then re-install of the product with which you are facing the issue.

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's clearly a bug in the new release.

I just waited about 2-3 minutes for the contents to appear.

Hopefully Adobe sorts this bug out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems and a few more.  Updated my graphics card driver and made sure in the preference Performace selection that the proper graphics card was selected.  Then validated that my PC graphics card was being used by light room.  Made a big difference and works like previous use before SW upgrade.  GL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god are you kidding me? Just got back from Adobemax and listened to speaker after speaker tout this product. I've got tons  of images to go through and now, after spending the better part of the afternoon downloading all this new stuff, everything is gone blank. For me, I can edit in raw, but when sending it to PS2018 it shows a file there, I can even see it in the layers pallet,  but nothing on the screen.

I am not a techie. I am a photographer who relies on these tools  working properly. I don't know where to  turn.

Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BillC454  wrote

I can edit in raw, but when sending it to PS2018 it shows a file there, I can even see it in the layers pallet,  but nothing on the screen.

Update your graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am currently in the process of trying to reload 2017. I live in sticksville and don't exactly have the fastest download speed out here. 5 meg on a good day. Tried to reload 2018 and at 90% it failed. Twice. I'm beginning to suspect my use of the NIK plugin might have something to do with it, but now it won't even load so we will see. As far as the graphics drivers, I am using a Dell straight out of the box with an AMD Radeon display driver. Assuming this is what you are referring to. Once again, I'm not a tech person. If I can't get 2017 to work, I will try the update next, however if now it won't even load, not sure I'm going to be able to do much of anything except cuss a lot.

Well, I'm toast. Now I have the same problem in 2017. In essence I no longer have photoshop because I tried to upgrade. My bad. I will try the driver idea, that should allow me to really screw things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a DELL.  And the very 1st thing you must do is update to the latest graphics drivers.  Why?  Because the manufactures often release new & improved drivers after the machine was built.   Dell & Microsoft don't always send the right ones for your particular video card.   Hence the lost image.  There's nothing high tech about it.  It's just part of owning a computer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I appreciate that,  And I know you are trying to help, But subliminally telling me I am an idiot does not help. I am currently running Dell's device detection software so that it can help me upload ah update. And I just got to say this. My first computer was an Atari 800XL and I have never stopped since then. I have probably done at best, 5 driver updates in 25 years. Everything always turned out to be something else. So, I will try the driver update and see what happens. But common sense tells me that when I reload what I was using, prior to having a problem and now it doesn't work maybe. just maybe, it's a problem with the upgrade because that is the only thing that is different.  But hey, that 's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love it!

dell update.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I seen your post and not belittling you here.  But the Dell site you are going to will tell you if you have a driver update that could help solve the problem.  It did fix my issue that was non related to the install.  My issue was viewing the photos on the screen and selection different options.  So I've been on computers since mid 70's with a Heath Kit.  And wrote my lines of code.  Old drivers for Graphics and many hardware parts are updated when a issue arises.  Not all updates, like you say , fix every problem. Good luck on the install.  I always keep a separate copy of my lcat files on another HD just for reasons just like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that and hey I'm all for trying everything to fix an issue. Problem is I went to Dell, gave them my service tag# so they had the build on my computer and it showed what I have. I haven't added anything, and the machine is not that old. Tried to update my driver and this is what I got.

dell update.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTH is that.  Try to do this your self.  On their support site, look for softwar drivers, and let the dell site detect your system.  Do not use the service tag.  The Dell site can detect exactly what is in your system.  If the issue still continues, call dell direct and state your problems.  If you cannno do upgrades, they need to fix that before moving on.  Man, your run into some bad luck.  I'm on line and can help some, now that I got involved.  Get the Dell isssue to download fixed first ,then validate that everything is good as it is, then do the install on program at a time.  I'll standby for help where I can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the Nvidia graphics driver, not the intel.  Select files to download and then install so you do not waste time redownloading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have reloaded the creative cloud app but you think I should do the dell stuff first? I know photoshop 2018 will run but it's going to take me an hour to download. Dont have the greatest download speed where I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dell NVidia driver should not take an hour.  But I should not be the problem of the install, only the display issues.  Just try the video driver, but your call as for the time limit issue.  What model of Dell, and memory, HD size to you have.  And free HD space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

comp specs.JPG

I have 1.14 TB of free HD space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see no problem here. Do you have the Nvidia graphics card?  How much free Hard drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I stand corrected. Although the Dell detect software gives me the nvidia as what I have, device manager says I have an AMD card so I went with update drive there and that is what is currently happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Dell is like mine.  2 Video cards.  one for everyday use and one for power graphics.  Good choice. In the preference on LR CC and PSCC youshould have the Nvidia card selected as the card to use.  Major big difference.  I have an Intel card as my second card.  Must be Motherboard selective.  Your processor is much faster than mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is back up and running. Rather than try to reinstall lightroom, I'm going to install bridge. I like that app and while I also need lightroom I want to see if this is going to stick, and if not I need to have the time to reload which I don't have time for tonight.

You have been a tremendous help. Hopefully anyone else with these problems can follow the thread and be helped. So I won't know until tomorrow if updating the video card driver solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help somewhat.  If you see the graphics flickering or not loading after selecting a new photo, get the driver update.  Make sure LR is using the NVidia card as it's primary.  Sorry to say that Adobe support is not on the list to help out.  If this works, we need to post a correct answer/solution to the group.  Have a good evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with installing the new "updated" bridge. Once i did, I have had several problems with it. First it will not do full screen preview, in fact it is greyed out in the view menu. Next i cannot use the arrow keys to switch to the next thumbnail in filmstrip mode. In fact i can't even use the delete key to trash an image. I have to right click then select "Move to Trash". This program is a big steaming pile right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines