• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC apps saving files about 10 Minutes in the past

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[<EDIT: Turns out that the system clock on the networked server was off, causing some functionalities (like export from AI/PS and "Combine Files" in Acrobat) to stamp filles to the network's incorrect time, whle other functionalities like Save/Save As use the local machine's correct time. Thanks to Nancy_OShea for steering us in the right direction.>]

Having this problem in Acrobat, Photoshop for certain, havent confirmed other apps like DW or Illustrator:

I save a file at 2:45 PM and the file is time stamped on my computer at about 2:35.

I work in a high-paced environment and am constantly sorting by mod date to pull the latest version of a file. This back-dating feature is making it a headache at best.

Anyone else experience this or have a solution?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Thanks for your help - completely steered us in the right direction. Ultimately it was the network server's incorrect time causing the issue. See edit to original post for more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your computer clock is off and needs to be re-set.

Contact your IT department for assistance.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - great suggestion, but already re-set clock, started and stopped windows time service, etc.

This only happens in Adobe apps - all others applications on system save files with correct time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about the internal computer clock at the BIOS level, not Windows.  Talk to your IT dept. 

You may need a new battery, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIOS clock is 100% accurate.

Like I said, this only occurs in Adobe applications.

Further investigation: If I save a file in Illustrator (as in an AI file), time stamp is correct. If I export an image (e.g. jpg, png) the new file is 10-12 minutes old out of the gate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't reproduce what you describe at my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help - completely steered us in the right direction. Ultimately it was the network server's incorrect time causing the issue. See edit to original post for more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines