• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe neglects indicating that you can't change plans not purchased directly from Adobe

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early this year I purchased a Creative Cloud plan from B&H. I perused the Adobe web site extensively, but was unable to decide between the Creative Cloud plan and the Lightroom plan, However, I decided that didn't matter since Adobe also indicated that plans could easily be changed after purchase.

Proceding on that assurance, I purchased a Creative Cloud plan.

After using it for a few weeks, I found that Photoshop and the other tools in Creative Cloud have no value to me. Lightroom is all I need. However, I am quickly running out of the 20GB that comes with Creative Cloud. So I thought, let's change plans. I don't need the other software but can certainly use the additional storage. Since the cost of the two plans is the same, I though it would be an easy swap.

The Adobe help on plan changing also indicates that it is quite easy. However, the link that Adobe's help page says should have been on my account page isn't! So I couldn't make the change. I then entered a Chat with Adobe and found out that plans purchased from third parties cannot be exchanged for other plans. I need to shell out a second $100 to change my plan! Shame on you, Adobe, for misleading potential customers by not pointing out that not all plans can be changed, and saving it for a later "gotcha".

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Get-Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

But no matter where you purchased a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud you need to create an Adobe ID and Sign Into the Creative Cloud Desktop App for it to activate and actually use the peograms you have a subscription for.

So if you are going to the main Adobe website, Signing in using the correct Email Address and Password, the correct Adobe ID, that you used to purchase and activate the programs with, IT MUST show that you have a subscription and that you can Change that subscription.

So Make sure you are using the Exact Same Email Address and Password you used to Sign into the CC app on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help but as I said in my original post, I already contacted Adobe's chat help.

You are operating under the same misconception that I had when I purchased which is that all plans are changeable.

The Adobe person I chatted with had the same misconception and it took her an hour to figure out that, yes indeed, plans purchased with a card code are not changeable.

Clearly, Adobe is misleading everyone, you, me, and even its chat employees. But the result for me is that I got sucked in to waste $80, and Adobe is $80 richer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a Photography plan according to your indications. And you want to change to a Lightroom plan. The problem with your plan is that you have a prepaid plan activated via a redemtion code. And I think that prepaid plans can be changed at the renewal date only by canceling and simply buying a different plan. They also do not renew if no payement information is posted.

The only alternative should be to contact customer care (I know you did that). They can cancel and attribute a new plan. I do not know however what the draw backs here are.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, thank you for your help. You've succinctly stated the issue. Too bad for me, that Adobe itself, nor its reseller (B&H in my case) publicize this to purchasers.

In my help chat, the Adobe rep offered to cancel my current subscription and sign me up for just Lightroom. But when I asked if I would get a refund for the cancelled plan, the answer was no. She did offer me a $10 discount on the new plan. That's small potatoes compared to the $70 prorated value of the plan that would be cancelled.

My issue is that neither Adobe nor its resellers are disclosing that plans purchased from the reseller are NOT equivalent to plans purchased directly from Adobe.

Any lawyers seeing this? It might be worth a class action suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that. But all I can recommend is contacting Adobe customer care again and asking for a solution that is acceptable to you.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines