• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe software causing unexpected shutdown on macbook pro when it goes to sleep

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a 2017 15-inch Macbook Pro on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Everytime my laptop goes to sleep or the lid is closed, if I have an adobe software running, my entire laptop shuts down unexpectedly without any proper shutdown procedure. Help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josephh73467239, have you had the opportunity to clean the laptop since you purchased it in 2017?  I faced a similar issue, when running any processor-intensive applications, on one of my Macbook Pros.  I was able to resolve the issue by removing the protective case and cleaning out the dust that had collected near the vents.  Keeping the protective case off also allowed for the MacBook Pro to run cooler and with fewer errors.

If your laptop is still covered under AppleCare, you can request that someone at the Apple store clean out the MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a problem with the hardware, it's fairly clean and doesn't seem to be an issue with overheating. This problem has not occured with any software other than Adobe, even with fairly intensive programs. It only seems to happen when the computer goes to sleep, and even if it's only asleep for a second, it shuts the whole computer down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that, Joseph.  I don't have any additional suggestions. I would encourage you to still have the computer looked at if you purchased AppleCare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines