• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Creative Cloud Update AcrobatDC, Photoshop2015, Lightroom2015, Bridge 2015 shutdown with error 16

Mentor ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this is on a Macintosh with EL Capitan version 11.6 installed with all the very latest security Updates.

I did two things:

1. To download some Manuals for an HP printer from HP I had to download and install Reader DC to use in SeaMonkey, my email reader.
  2. Then I opened Creative Cloud, and it said there was an Update which I dutifully did. (BIG MISTAKE)

Result Now all my paid up subscriptions will open with this Error and when dismissed will quit

Error.png

Well, I spent the better part of at least 5 hours, attempting to follow direction given by support. Despite all efforts, I can't remove Creative Cloud.

It says there are some Items the Desktop Application is still controlling. The Only things I either bought or Updated through CC were the four items mentioned in the title

Acrobat DC as subscription and as a separate Subscription The Photography Package. I have some Old Version Of Dreamweaver and Fireworks which I Purchased and manually installed 5.5 which I still must use to maintain a Website I have. But can't afford to update or pay a subscription. At the time they were installed CC didn't exist.

Am I going to have to Remove even those items As well? (Anything Purchased before CC, should not even be acknowledged by CC.)

So I am wasting money on two subscriptions on software I can no longer use all because I blindly updated CC. I should have left everything alone. Fortunately, I can still use ReaderDC

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

I will mark as answered. I found solution through Adobe's Chat.  Had to dump some Folder, and some files and set the permissions on the files were in manually. Both in Main Library and User /Library/Application support/ Adobe/ .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will mark as answered. I found solution through Adobe's Chat.  Had to dump some Folder, and some files and set the permissions on the files were in manually. Both in Main Library and User /Library/Application support/ Adobe/ .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines