• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I install CS4 and Photoshop CC 2017?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install Photoshop CC2017 ($9.99/mo.) on my Windows 7 machine.

I already own the old CS4 Master Collection (CD version) and I want to install everything on it except CS4 Photoshop (no need for it since I will have CC 2017 Photoshop).

Is this doable? If not, is there a way to disable CS4 Photoshop but not the other CS4 programs. I used to have the complete CS4 Master collection AND Photoshop CC2015 both on the same machine but it caused problems. Specifically, CC Bridge would only open photos into Photoshop CS4, not CC. It was so frustrating that I uninstalled the entire CS4 Master Collection and gave up hope of using the other Adobe programs.

And no, I don't want the $50/mo. CC suite bundle because I don't use the other programs often enough to justify an annual subscription. I do use Photoshop often, however.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

yes, though you may have some problems (especially with acrobat) because that os is not compatible with cs4.

install cs4 omitting programs you don't want (eg, ps) by selecting custom install during the installation process. and install the cc desktop app (https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud ) and use it to install your lr and ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, though you may have some problems (especially with acrobat) because that os is not compatible with cs4.

install cs4 omitting programs you don't want (eg, ps) by selecting custom install during the installation process. and install the cc desktop app (https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud ) and use it to install your lr and ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines