• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I work on extension after pc format?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. My friend and I have been working on an extension for Photoshop and when we make changes we sign it and it works. I can't edit his code unless he has signed it and he can't work on mine unless I signed it. He recently got a new pc and he can sign it but in Photoshop is shows it was not signed. Once I signed it then it works again.

Will I be able to sign it as well if I reinstall my Operating System? He thinks that it is a problem with his new pc, is this likely true? Or are there step we need to take to get him to sign it correctly again?

We are using Windows OS and I also test it in Macintosh OS running in a virtual machine.

Any ideas, thanks for the advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

If debug more is set correctly then you should not be getting that error.

It sounds like you have the debug mode set for a different CEP version than the application

If you install the CSTK you can check that the debug is set for the CEP version you are running.

It automatically shows the set debug level

tools.png

Besides that signing is not machine or system dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes debug mode is already set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If debug more is set correctly then you should not be getting that error.

It sounds like you have the debug mode set for a different CEP version than the application

If you install the CSTK you can check that the debug is set for the CEP version you are running.

It automatically shows the set debug level

tools.png

Besides that signing is not machine or system dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that should help. I'm sure his got something wrong in his debug mode, most likely the incorrect CEP version. I just wanted to make sure that if I reinstall my OS that I'll be able to sign it.

Thanx a mil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines